Prototyping Olathe, KS
Prototyping Olathe, KS. Have you been seeking a reliable supplier of prototyped parts through the quickness and proficiency of CNC machining near Olathe, KS? With hundreds of CNC machines run by an experienced team of machinists, the Roberson Machine Company in-house capacity ensures your prototyping is delivered to Olathe, KS on-time, every single time.
At Roberson Machine Company, we specialize in prototyping for numerous businesses and customers near Olathe, KS. If you can dream it or draw it up we have the capabilities to make it a reality, several times over and in different materials, if necessary. Our skilled staff of specialists is prepared to get started on your prototyping plans. Reach out to get a instant pricing on our CNC prototyping for you in Olathe, KS.
The range of economical metal alloys — like aluminum 6061 or stainless steel 303 — as well as firm plastics like Delrin acetal, along with the speed and precision of our skilled machinists, makes our CNC machining service a great option for prototyping in Olathe, KS.
What Are the Advantages of Prototyping in Olathe, KS?
Prototyping using CNC machining is beneficial in making high-quality physical models of a design idea. Prototyping is normally the first step in the mass production of a product. Many Olathe, KS customers seek out Roberson Machine Company for prototyping projects in Olathe, KS for:
- Showing customers and investors a physical model of your product in as little amount of time as possible
- Exhibiting the appearance, dimensions, and features of your product
- Creating multiple separate versions of the product with differing colors, surface textures, and finishing processes
- Making sure that all parts are standardized in terms of size, shape, dimension, and quality
- Testing the product on the market before bringing it to full production
- Identifying and repairing potentially expensive design flaws before reaching the market
- Streamlining and improving upon the whole production process
In addition to prototyping, Roberson Machine Company supplies our customers near Olathe, KS with the following services:
- Precision Manufacturing
- Aerospace Machining
- Machined Plastic Parts
- CNC Companies
- Steel Machining
- Aluminum Fabrication
- Machined Parts
- Machine Shop
- Aluminum Parts Manufacturer
- CNC Services
Who Uses Prototyping?
If you need high-quality parts in specified volumes under tight deadlines, prototyping is an ideal solution for companies near Olathe, KS in a number of industries. We have recently assisted the following industries with rapid prototyping using our CNC machining:
- The automotive industry requires new parts to be produced as fast as possible and in set quantities, especially when employing Just in Time manufacturing in Olathe, KS. Our specialists build prototype parts in an array of materials for a variety of automotive industry customers near Olathe, KS.
- Our Olathe, KS customers in the medical industry require small and intricately designed parts. Prototyping parts with precise tolerances can quite literally be the difference between life and death. We are proud to provide prototyping utilizing the latest 5 axis CNC machining tools that can not only quickly fabricate medical part prototypes no matter the dimensions near Olathe, KS, but also provide trackable reports mandated by the FDA.
- Olathe, KS oil and energy industry firms have notable demands for prototypes: they must be made to withstand the heavy pressure of mining, refining, and potentially being buried underground. Roberson meets these demands by excelling in machining prototypes made of materials such as plastics, brass, and alloy steel.
- Our customers in the aerospace industry demand parts with intricate geometrical dimensions, and in many cases using metals that can withstand high temperatures and altitude. Moreover, the unique pressures and characteristics of flight necessitate parts made to strict tolerance and design standards. Our highly-trained technicians are eager to tackle the unique demands of aerospace prototype manufacturing, and our KS machine shop is devoted to delivering aerospace manufacturers parts built to the optimal standard of quality.
Our track record in prototyping for multiple industries allows us to be a true partner throughout your manufacturing process in Olathe, KS. Using our CNC prototyping service is a great choice for high quality parts. With our endless options of prototyping solutions, Roberson Machine Company is your one-stop shop. You can also get your prototyped parts delivered right to your door in Olathe, KS, without the hassle of sourcing, project management, logistics, or shipping. Call us now today at 573-646-3996 or contact us online to discuss your options.
Why Should I Use CNC Machining for Prototyping In Olathe, KS?
There are many methods that can be used to create prototyping near Olathe, KS, but CNC machining at Roberson Machine Company is the most effective. CNC machining allows you to design a product digitally, program the data into the computer using software, and let our CNC machine take care of the rest. Using CNC eliminates human error and improves the efficiency of prototyping which, in turn, means we can make flawless, quick parts the first time and every time. There are a variety of other reasons to choose CNC machining for your prototyping needs near Olathe, KS, including:
- Fixed Tooling is Not Necessary
- Easily Modify
- Different Materials to Choose From
A CNC machine runs on a set of CAD and CAM programmed code. The CAD software designs the models and assemblies that the CAM software translates into G-code and M-code that drive the CNC machine’s tools to turn those designs into physical parts.
The only tools necessary for prototyping using CNC machining are the metal cutting inserts used in the spindles of our mills and lathes. Different shapes and sizes of cutting inserts or blades are useful for various functions whatever material is required for your Olathe, KS prototyping, and these can be swapped out in our machines almost instantaneously.
Not having to spend time swapping out parts or changing machines for prototyping cuts down on costs. Roberson Machine Company passes along those savings to you in Olathe, KS. Call us at 573-646-3996 or reach out to request a quote.
In our machine shop, we consistently achieve tolerances of 0.005” for our longer production runs, or we rely on changing the machine if we run a tighter tolerance. For shorter runs, we can cut as precise as 0.001,” or about a fourth the width of a human hair.
Setting things in stone is for the Stone Age. At Roberson Machine Company, we believe in adaptation when the job — and most importantly the Olathe, KS customer — calls for it. Prototyping often requires adjusting, modifying, or completely rehauling the original design. This is simple to do with our CNC machines, where our specialists only need a few seconds and a few keystrokes to alter G-code.
Easy modifications are especially attractive for our customers near Olathe, KS, allowing them the chance to test several different iterations and immediately see the results. Tweaking G-code and making refined adjustments for prototyping in the moment greatly reduces time and costs.
Our CNC machines are indifferent to what they are cutting. Our Olathe, KS customers use a variety of materials for prototyping, depending upon their industry. A lot of our customers near Olathe, KS want to see prototypes in a range of materials. CNC machining supplies a huge benefit here. An identical design can be prototyped in rigid plastic, aluminum, or steel, for example, with only minimal adjustments made to the feed and speed of the tool performing the cutting. In addition to softer, lighter metals like magnesium and brass we utilize many materials for prototyping, including:
Prototyping | Roberson Machine Company
Prototyping saves time and money by creating one product that can be tested and improved upon before investing in a full production run of thousands of units in Olathe, KS. Roberson Machine Company can help you and your business realize a variety of cost savings. We concentrate on using CNC machining for prototyping for a mixture of Olathe, KS customers in a variety of industries. We’d enjoy doing the same for you.