Prototyping Olathe, KS
Prototyping Olathe, KS. Are you searching for a reliable supplier of prototyped parts through the quickness and proficiency of CNC machining near Olathe, KS? With hundreds of CNC machines run by an experienced team of machinists, the Roberson Machine Company in-house capacity ensures your prototyping is shipped to Olathe, KS on-time, every single time.
At Roberson Machine Company, we specialize in prototyping for a number of businesses and customers near Olathe, KS. If you can dream it or draw it up we possess the capabilities to make it real, several times over and in different materials, if necessary. Our skilled staff of specialists is prepared to get started on your prototyping needs. Send us a quick note to get a instant pricing on our CNC prototyping for you in Olathe, KS.
The scope of economical metal alloys — like aluminum 6061 or stainless steel 303 — as well as rigid plastics like Delrin acetal, combined with the speed and precision of our talented machinists, makes our CNC machining service a great choice for prototyping in Olathe, KS.
What Are the Benefits of Prototyping in Olathe, KS?
Prototyping using CNC machining is beneficial in making high-quality physical models of a design idea. Prototyping is normally the first step in the mass production of a product. Many Olathe, KS customers turn to Roberson Machine Company for prototyping projects in Olathe, KS for:
- Showing customers and investors a physical model of your product in as little amount of time as possible
- Demonstrating the appearance, features, and dimensions of your product
- Creating multiple separate versions of the product with differing colors, surface textures, and finishing processes
- Ensuring that all parts are standardized in terms of size, shape, dimension, and quality
- Testing the product on the market before bringing it to full production
- Identifying and correcting potentially expensive design flaws before it ever touches the market
- Streamlining and improving upon the entire production process
In addition to prototyping, Roberson Machine Company provides our customers near Olathe, KS with the following services:
- Component Manufacturing
- 3D Printing Services
- OEM Automotive
- Medical Device Manufacturing
- Contract Manufacturing Companies
- Production Machining and Milling
- Precision CNC Machining
- Wire EDM
- Aluminum CNC Machining
Who Uses Prototyping?
If you need top-notch parts in specified amounts with short turnaround times, prototyping is an ideal solution for businesses near Olathe, KS in a number of industries. We have recently assisted the following industries with rapid prototyping utilizing our CNC machining:
- The automotive industry requires new parts to be produced as fast as possible and in set quantities, especially when employing Just in Time manufacturing in Olathe, KS. Our specialists build prototype parts in a wide range of materials for multiple automotive industry customers near Olathe, KS.
- Our Olathe, KS customers in the medical industry require parts to be developed to some of the most exacting tolerances in the machining industry: above all, making sure that defective parts do not make it to consumers is quite literally a matter of life and death. As well, medical parts are often extremely small and complicated in design. Roberson Machine Company is proud to use the latest 5 axis CNC machining tools that can not only rapidly fabricate medical part prototypes of any size, but also provide process and tracking reports required by the FDA.
- Firms in the oil and energy industry have special requirements for prototyping — parts must be built to withstand the heavy pressure of underground pipeline burial, mining, and refining. Roberson Machine Company is able to meet these standards by using only the finest materials.
- Our customers in the aerospace industry need parts with intricate geometrical dimensions, and in a majority of cases using metals that do not deform at high temperatures and altitude. Moreover, the special pressures and characteristics of flight require parts built to strict tolerance and design standards. Our veteran technicians are eager to take on the unique demands of aerospace prototype manufacturing, and our KS machine shop is devoted to delivering aerospace manufacturers parts built to the highest standard of quality.
Our track record in prototyping for multiple industries allows us to be a true partner throughout your manufacturing process in Olathe, KS. Using our CNC prototyping service is a great choice for high quality, ISO 9001:2015 certified parts. With our endless options of prototyping solutions, Roberson Machine Company is your one-stop shop. You can also get your prototyped parts delivered right to your door in Olathe, KS, without the hassle of sourcing, project management, logistics, or shipping. Call us now today at 573-646-3996 or contact us online to discuss your options.
Why Should I Use CNC Machining for Prototyping In Olathe, KS?
There are many methods that can be used to create prototyping near Olathe, KS, but CNC machining at Roberson Machine Company is the most effective. CNC machining allows you to design a product digitally, program the data into the computer using software, and let our CNC machine take care of the rest. Using CNC eliminates human error and improves the efficiency of prototyping which, in turn, means we can make flawless, quick parts the first time and every time. There are a variety of other reasons to choose CNC machining for your prototyping needs near Olathe, KS, including:
- Fixed Tooling is Not Necessary
- Easily Modify
- Different Materials to Choose From
A CNC machine runs on a set of CAD and CAM programmed code. The CAD software designs the models and assemblies that the CAM software translates into G-code and M-code that drive the CNC machine’s tools to turn those designs into physical parts.
The only tools necessary for prototyping using CNC machining are the metal cutting inserts used in the spindles of our mills and lathes. Different shapes and sizes of cutting inserts or blades are useful for various functions whatever material is required for your Olathe, KS prototyping, and these can be swapped out in our machines almost instantaneously.
Not having to spend time swapping out parts or changing machines for prototyping cuts down on costs. Roberson Machine Company passes along those savings to you in Olathe, KS. Call us at 573-646-3996 or reach out to request a quote.
In our machine shop, we consistently achieve tolerances of 0.005” for our longer production runs, or we rely on changing the machine if we run a tighter tolerance. For shorter runs, we can cut as precise as 0.001,” or about a fourth the width of a human hair.
Setting things in stone is for the Stone Age. At Roberson Machine Company, we believe in adaptation when the job — and most importantly the Olathe, KS customer — calls for it. Prototyping often requires adjusting, modifying, or completely rehauling the original design. This is simple to do with our CNC machines, where our specialists only need a few seconds and a few keystrokes to alter G-code.
Easy modifications are especially attractive for our customers near Olathe, KS, allowing them the chance to test several different iterations and immediately see the results. Tweaking G-code and making refined adjustments for prototyping in the moment greatly reduces time and costs.
Our CNC machines are indifferent to what they are cutting. Our Olathe, KS customers use various materials for prototyping, depending upon their industry. Many of our customers near Olathe, KS want to look over prototypes in a range of materials. CNC machining provides a huge benefit here. An identical design can be prototyped in rigid plastic, aluminum, or steel, as examples, with only minimal adjustments made to the feed and speed of the tool performing the cutting. In addition to softer, lighter metals like magnesium and brass we utilize many materials for prototyping, such as:
Prototyping | Roberson Machine Company
Prototyping saves time and money by creating a single run of a product that can be tested and improved upon before investing in a full production run of thousands of units in Olathe, KS. Roberson Machine Company can help you and your business realize a variety of cost savings. We specialize in using CNC machining for prototyping for a mixture of Olathe, KS customers in a wide range of industries. We’d love to do the same for you.