Prototyping Chesapeake, VA
Prototyping Chesapeake, VA. Are you looking for a reliable supplier of prototyped parts through the quickness and proficiency of CNC machining near Chesapeake, VA? With hundreds of CNC machines run by an experienced team of machinists, the Roberson Machine Company in-house capacity making sure your prototyping is delivered to Chesapeake, VA on-time, every single time.
At Roberson Machine Company, we specialize in prototyping for numerous businesses and customers near Chesapeake, VA. If you can dream it or draw it up we have the capabilities to make it a reality, several times over and in different materials, if necessary. Our talented team of specialists is prepared to get to work on your prototyping plans. Reach out to get a instant pricing on our CNC prototyping for you in Chesapeake, VA.
Give us a call today at 573-646-3996 or contact us online to discuss your next Chesapeake, VA prototyping project.
Our CNC machining service is a great option for prototyping in Chesapeake, VA, utilizing an assortment of affordable metal alloys — like aluminum 6061 or stainless steel 303 — as well as rigid plastics such as Delrin acetal, along with the speed and precision of our talented machinists.
What Are the Benefits of Prototyping in Chesapeake, VA?
Prototyping using CNC machining is advantageous in making high-quality physical models of a design idea. Prototyping is usually the first step in the mass production of a product. Many Chesapeake, VA customers seek out Roberson Machine Company for prototyping projects in Chesapeake, VA for:
- Showcasing the physical model of a product to investors and customers in a relatively short amount of time
- Exhibiting the appearance, features, and dimensions of your product
- Creating multiple separate versions of the product with differing colors, surface textures, and finishing processes
- Making sure that all parts are regimented in terms of quality, size, dimension, and shape
- Testing the market with your product before production
- Finding and repairing potentially costly design defects before reaching the market
- Improving and streamlining the whole production process
In addition to prototyping, Roberson Machine Company provides our customers near Chesapeake, VA with the following services:
- Aluminum Fabrication
- Machine Shop
- Machined Parts
- Aluminum Parts Manufacturer
- CNC Services
- Component Manufacturing
- 3D Printing Services
- OEM Automotive
- Medical Device Manufacturing
- Contract Manufacturing Companies
Who Uses Prototyping?
Prototyping is an ideal solution for companies near Chesapeake, VA in a multitude of industries who need high-quality parts in specified amounts with short turnaround times. We have recently helped the following industries with rapid prototyping using our CNC machining:
- The automotive industry needs new parts to be produced as fast as possible and in set quantities, especially when employing Just in Time manufacturing in Chesapeake, VA. Our specialists build prototype parts in an array of materials for several different automotive industry customers near Chesapeake, VA.
- Our Chesapeake, VA customers in the medical industry require small and intricately designed parts. Prototyping parts with precise tolerances can quite literally be the difference between life and death. We are proud to provide prototyping utilizing the latest 5 axis CNC machining tools that can not only quickly fabricate medical part prototypes no matter the dimensions near Chesapeake, VA, but also provide trackable reports mandated by the FDA.
- Chesapeake, VA oil and energy industry firms have notable requirements for prototypes: they need to be built to withstand the rigors of refining, mining, and underground burial. Roberson responds to these demands by specializing in machining prototypes made from materials such as brass, alloy steel, and even plastics.
- Our customers in the aerospace industry require prototyped parts with highly technical geometrical dimensions, as well as using rare metals that will not deform or warp at high temperatures and altitudes. Our knowledgeable machinists are ready to tackle the unique demands of aerospace prototyping near Chesapeake, VA.
Our track record in prototyping for multiple industries allows us to be a true partner throughout your manufacturing process in Chesapeake, VA. Using our CNC prototyping service is a great choice for high quality, ISO 9001:2015 certified parts. With our endless options of prototyping solutions, Roberson Machine Company is your one-stop shop. You can also get your prototyped parts delivered right to your door in Chesapeake, VA, without the hassle of sourcing, project management, logistics, or shipping. Call us now today at 573-646-3996 or contact us online to discuss your options.
Why Should I Use CNC Machining for Prototyping In Chesapeake, VA?
There are many methods that can be used to create prototyping near Chesapeake, VA, but CNC machining at Roberson Machine Company is the most effective. CNC machining allows you to design a product digitally, program the data into the computer using software, and let our CNC machine take care of the rest. Using CNC eliminates human error and improves the efficiency of prototyping which, in turn, means we can make flawless, quick parts the first time and every time. There are a variety of other reasons to choose CNC machining for your prototyping needs near Chesapeake, VA, including:
- Fixed Tooling is Not Necessary
- Easily Modify
- Different Materials to Choose From
- Aluminums: 6061, 7075, 7050 or “aa7050 alloy”
- Stainless steel: 303, 304
- Plastics: Delrin, Nylon, PEEK, HDPE, Glass Filled Nylon
A CNC machine runs on a set of CAD and CAM programmed code. The CAD software designs the models and assemblies that the CAM software translates into G-code and M-code that drive the CNC machine’s tools to turn those designs into physical parts.
Once programmed with the G-code by the Roberson specialists, our mills and lathes can cut through anything you desire with astonishing speed, turning raw material into your finished part in seconds.
The only tools necessary for prototyping using CNC machining are the metal cutting inserts used in the spindles of our mills and lathes. Different shapes and sizes of cutting inserts or blades are useful for various functions whatever material is required for your Chesapeake, VA prototyping, and these can be swapped out in our machines almost instantaneously.
Not having to spend time swapping out parts or changing machines for prototyping cuts down on costs. Roberson Machine Company passes along those savings to you in Chesapeake, VA. Call us at 573-646-3996 or reach out to request a quote.
In our machine shop, we consistently achieve tolerances of 0.005” for our longer production runs, or we rely on changing the machine if we run a tighter tolerance. For shorter runs, we can cut as precise as 0.001,” or about a fourth the width of a human hair.
Setting things in stone is for the Stone Age. At Roberson Machine Company, we believe in adaptation when the job — and most importantly the Chesapeake, VA customer — calls for it. Prototyping often requires adjusting, modifying, or completely rehauling the original design. This is simple to do with our CNC machines, where our specialists only need a few seconds and a few keystrokes to alter G-code.
Easy modifications are especially attractive for our customers near Chesapeake, VA, allowing them the chance to test several different iterations and immediately see the results. Tweaking G-code and making refined adjustments for prototyping in the moment greatly reduces time and costs.
Our CNC machines are indifferent to what they are cutting. Our Chesapeake, VA customers use a variety of materials for prototyping, depending upon their industry. A lot of our customers near Chesapeake, VA want to look over prototypes in a range of materials. CNC machining provides a huge benefit here. An identical design can be prototyped in rigid plastic, aluminum, or steel, for example, with very few adjustments made to the speed and feed of the machine performing the cutting. In addition to softer, lighter metals like magnesium and brass we utilize many materials for prototyping, such as:
Prototyping | Roberson Machine Company
Prototyping saves money, time, and hassle by creating one product that can be tested and improved upon before having to invest in a full production run of thousands of units in Chesapeake, VA. Roberson Machine Company can help you and your business realize a variety of cost savings. We specialize in using CNC machining for prototyping for various Chesapeake, VA customers in a wide range of industries. We’d love to do the same for you.
Call us today at 573-646-3996 or contact us online to talk about your next prototyping project in Chesapeake, VA.