Prototyping Grand Rapids, MI
Prototyping Grand Rapids, MI. Have you been seeking a reliable supplier of prototyped parts through the quickness and proficiency of CNC machining near Grand Rapids, MI? With hundreds of CNC machines run by an experienced team of machinists, the Roberson Machine Company in-house capacity ensures your prototyping is delivered to Grand Rapids, MI on-time, every single time.
At Roberson Machine Company, we specialize in prototyping for numerous businesses and customers near Grand Rapids, MI. If you can dream it or draw it up we have the capabilities to make it real, several times over and in different materials, if necessary. Our talented team of specialists is prepared to get to work on your prototyping plans. Send us a quick note to get a instant pricing on our CNC prototyping for you in Grand Rapids, MI.
Give us a call today at 573-646-3996 or contact us online to discuss your next Grand Rapids, MI prototyping project.
The range of affordable metal alloys — like aluminum 6061 or stainless steel 303 — as well as firm plastics such as Delrin acetal, along with the speed and precision of our skilled machinists, makes our CNC machining service a great choice for prototyping in Grand Rapids, MI.
What Are the Advantages of Prototyping in Grand Rapids, MI?
Prototyping using CNC machining is beneficial in making high-quality physical models of a design idea. Prototyping is normally the first step in the mass production of a product. Many Grand Rapids, MI customers seek out Roberson Machine Company for prototyping projects in Grand Rapids, MI for:
- Showcasing the physical model of a product to investors and customers in a relatively short amount of time
- Demonstrating the appearance, features, and dimensions of your product
- Creating multiple separate versions of the product with different textures, colors, and finishes
- Making sure that all parts are regimented in terms of dimension, shape, quality, and size
- Testing the market with your product before production
- Finding and repairing potentially costly design defects before reaching the market
- Streamlining and improving upon the entire production process
In addition to prototyping, Roberson Machine Company provides our customers near Grand Rapids, MI with the following services:
- Machine Shop
- Machined Parts
- Aluminum Parts Manufacturer
- CNC Services
- Component Manufacturing
- 3D Printing Services
- OEM Automotive
- Medical Device Manufacturing
- Contract Manufacturing Companies
Who Uses Prototyping?
If you require top-notch parts in specified amounts at a fast pace, prototyping is an ideal solution for companies near Grand Rapids, MI in a slew of industries. We have recently helped the following industries with rapid prototyping using our CNC machining:
- The automotive industry needs new parts to be developed as fast as possible and in set quantities, particularly when utilizing Just in Time manufacturing in Grand Rapids, MI. Our specialists build prototype parts in a wide range of materials for multiple automotive industry customers near Grand Rapids, MI.
- Our Grand Rapids, MI customers in the medical industry require small and intricately designed parts. Prototyping parts with precise tolerances can quite literally be the difference between life and death. We are proud to provide prototyping utilizing the latest 5 axis CNC machining tools that can not only quickly fabricate medical part prototypes no matter the dimensions near Grand Rapids, MI, but also provide trackable reports mandated by the FDA.
- Grand Rapids, MI oil and energy industry firms have notable demands for prototypes: they must be made to withstand the rigors of refining, mining, and underground burial. Roberson responds to these demands by specializing in machining prototypes made from materials such as plastics, brass, and alloy steel.
- Our customers in the aerospace industry require prototyped parts with highly technical geometrical dimensions, as well as using rare metals that will not deform or warp at high temperatures and altitudes. Our knowledgeable machinists are ready to tackle the unique demands of aerospace prototyping near Grand Rapids, MI.
Our track record in prototyping for multiple industries allows us to be a true partner throughout your manufacturing process in Grand Rapids, MI. Using our CNC prototyping service is a great choice for high quality, ISO 9001:2015 certified parts. With our endless options of prototyping solutions, Roberson Machine Company is your one-stop shop. You can also get your prototyped parts delivered right to your door in Grand Rapids, MI, without the hassle of sourcing, project management, logistics, or shipping. Call us now today at 573-646-3996 or contact us online to discuss your options.
Why Should I Use CNC Machining for Prototyping In Grand Rapids, MI?
There are many methods that can be used to create prototyping near Grand Rapids, MI, but CNC machining at Roberson Machine Company is the most effective. CNC machining allows you to design a product digitally, program the data into the computer using software, and let our CNC machine take care of the rest. Using CNC eliminates human error and improves the efficiency of prototyping which, in turn, means we can make flawless, quick parts the first time and every time. There are a variety of other reasons to choose CNC machining for your prototyping needs near Grand Rapids, MI, including:
- Fixed Tooling is Not Necessary
- Easily Modify
- Different Materials to Choose From
- Aluminums: 6061, 7075, 7050 or “aa7050 alloy”
- Stainless steel: 303, 304
- Plastics: Delrin, Nylon, PEEK, HDPE, Glass Filled Nylon
A CNC machine runs on a set of CAD and CAM programmed code. The CAD software designs the models and assemblies that the CAM software translates into G-code and M-code that drive the CNC machine’s tools to turn those designs into physical parts.
Once programmed with the G-code by the Roberson specialists, our mills and lathes can cut through anything you desire with astonishing speed, turning raw material into your finished part in seconds.
The only tools necessary for prototyping using CNC machining are the metal cutting inserts used in the spindles of our mills and lathes. Different shapes and sizes of cutting inserts or blades are useful for various functions whatever material is required for your Grand Rapids, MI prototyping, and these can be swapped out in our machines almost instantaneously.
Not having to spend time swapping out parts or changing machines for prototyping cuts down on costs. Roberson Machine Company passes along those savings to you in Grand Rapids, MI. Call us at 573-646-3996 or reach out to request a quote.
In our machine shop, we consistently achieve tolerances of 0.005” for our longer production runs, or we rely on changing the machine if we run a tighter tolerance. For shorter runs, we can cut as precise as 0.001,” or about a fourth the width of a human hair.
Setting things in stone is for the Stone Age. At Roberson Machine Company, we believe in adaptation when the job — and most importantly the Grand Rapids, MI customer — calls for it. Prototyping often requires adjusting, modifying, or completely rehauling the original design. This is simple to do with our CNC machines, where our specialists only need a few seconds and a few keystrokes to alter G-code.
Easy modifications are especially attractive for our customers near Grand Rapids, MI, allowing them the chance to test several different iterations and immediately see the results. Tweaking G-code and making refined adjustments for prototyping in the moment greatly reduces time and costs.
Our CNC machines are indifferent to what they are cutting. Our Grand Rapids, MI customers use various materials for prototyping, depending upon their industry. Many of our customers near Grand Rapids, MI want to see prototypes in a range of materials. CNC machining provides a huge benefit here. The same design can be prototyped in rigid plastic, aluminum, or steel, as examples, with only minimal adjustments made to the feed and speed of the machine doing the cutting. In addition to softer, lighter metals like magnesium and brass we utilize many materials for prototyping, such as:
Prototyping | Roberson Machine Company
Prototyping saves money, time, and hassle by creating a single run of a product that can be tested and improved upon before having to invest in a full production run of thousands of units in Grand Rapids, MI. Roberson Machine Company can help you and your company realize a variety of cost savings. We concentrate on using CNC machining for prototyping for various Grand Rapids, MI customers in a variety of industries. We’d enjoy doing the same for you.
Call us today at 573-646-3996 or contact us online to talk about your next prototyping project in Grand Rapids, MI.