Prototyping Charlotte, NC
Prototyping Charlotte, NC. Have you been seeking a dependable supplier of prototyped parts applying the quickness and proficiency of CNC machining near Charlotte, NC? With hundreds of CNC machines run by an experienced staff of machinists, the Roberson Machine Company in-house capacity making sure your prototyping is delivered to Charlotte, NC on-time, every single time.
At Roberson Machine Company, we specialize in prototyping for numerous businesses and customers near Charlotte, NC. If you can dream it or draw it up we possess the capabilities to make it a reality, several times over and in different materials, if necessary. Our talented team of specialists is prepared to get to work on your prototyping plans. Reach out to get a instant pricing on our CNC prototyping for you in Charlotte, NC.
Give us a call today at 573-646-3996 or contact us online to discuss your next Charlotte, NC prototyping project.
The scope of economical metal alloys — like aluminum 6061 or stainless steel 303 — as well as rigid plastics such as Delrin acetal, along with the speed and precision of our skilled machinists, makes our CNC machining service a great option for prototyping in Charlotte, NC.
What Are the Advantages of Prototyping in Charlotte, NC?
Prototyping using CNC machining is advantageous in creating high-quality physical models of a design idea. Prototyping is normally the first step in the mass production of a product. Many Charlotte, NC customers seek out Roberson Machine Company for prototyping projects in Charlotte, NC for:
- Showing customers and investors a physical model of your product in as little amount of time as possible
- Exhibiting the appearance, dimensions, and features of your product
- Generating multiple separate versions of the product with differing textures, colors, and finishes
- Ensuring that all parts are regimented in terms of quality, size, dimension, and shape
- Testing the product on the market before bringing it to full production
- Identifying and repairing potentially costly design defects before it ever touches the market
- Improving and streamlining the whole production process
In addition to prototyping, Roberson Machine Company provides our customers near Charlotte, NC with the following services:
- Machine Shop
- Machined Parts
- Aluminum Parts Manufacturer
- CNC Services
- Component Manufacturing
- 3D Printing Services
- OEM Automotive
- Medical Device Manufacturing
- Contract Manufacturing Companies
Who Uses Prototyping?
If you require high-quality parts in specified amounts at a fast pace, prototyping is a perfect solution for businesses near Charlotte, NC in a multitude of industries. We have recently helped the following industries with rapid prototyping utilizing our CNC machining:
- The automotive industry needs new parts to be developed as fast as possible and in set quantities, especially when utilizing Just in Time manufacturing in Charlotte, NC. Our specialists build prototype parts in a wide range of materials for several different automotive industry customers near Charlotte, NC.
- Our Charlotte, NC customers in the medical industry require parts to be developed to some of the most demanding tolerances in the machining industry: above all, ensuring that defective parts do not make it to end users is quite literally a matter of life and death. In addition, medical parts are often extremely small and complicated in design. Roberson Machine Company is equipped with the latest 5 axis CNC machining tools that can not only quickly fabricate medical part prototypes regardless of size, but also provide process and tracking reports required by the FDA.
- Charlotte, NC oil and energy industry firms have notable demands for prototypes: they need to be built to withstand the heavy pressure of underground pipeline burial, mining, and refining. Roberson answers these demands by excelling in machining prototypes made of materials such as alloy steel, plastics, and brass.
- Our customers in the aerospace industry require prototyped parts with highly technical geometrical dimensions, as well as using rare metals that will not deform or warp at high temperatures and altitudes. Our knowledgeable machinists are ready to tackle the unique demands of aerospace prototyping near Charlotte, NC.
Our track record in prototyping for multiple industries allows us to be a true partner throughout your manufacturing process in Charlotte, NC. Using our CNC prototyping service is a great choice for high quality, ISO 9001:2015 certified parts. With our endless options of prototyping solutions, Roberson Machine Company is your one-stop shop. You can also get your prototyped parts delivered right to your door in Charlotte, NC, without the hassle of sourcing, project management, logistics, or shipping. Call us now today at 573-646-3996 or contact us online to discuss your options.
Why Should I Use CNC Machining for Prototyping In Charlotte, NC?
There are many methods that can be used to create prototyping near Charlotte, NC, but CNC machining at Roberson Machine Company is the most effective. CNC machining allows you to design a product digitally, program the data into the computer using software, and let our CNC machine take care of the rest. Using CNC eliminates human error and improves the efficiency of prototyping which, in turn, means we can make flawless, quick parts the first time and every time. There are a variety of other reasons to choose CNC machining for your prototyping needs near Charlotte, NC, including:
- Fixed Tooling is Not Necessary
- Easily Modify
- Different Materials to Choose From
- Aluminums: 6061, 7075, 7050 or “aa7050 alloy”
- Stainless steel: 303, 304
- Plastics: Delrin, Nylon, PEEK, HDPE, Glass Filled Nylon
A CNC machine runs on a set of CAD and CAM programmed code. The CAD software designs the models and assemblies that the CAM software translates into G-code and M-code that drive the CNC machine’s tools to turn those designs into physical parts.
Once programmed with the G-code by the Roberson specialists, our mills and lathes can cut through anything you desire with astonishing speed, turning raw material into your finished part in seconds.
The only tools necessary for prototyping using CNC machining are the metal cutting inserts used in the spindles of our mills and lathes. Different shapes and sizes of cutting inserts or blades are useful for various functions whatever material is required for your Charlotte, NC prototyping, and these can be swapped out in our machines almost instantaneously.
Not having to spend time swapping out parts or changing machines for prototyping cuts down on costs. Roberson Machine Company passes along those savings to you in Charlotte, NC. Call us at 573-646-3996 or reach out to request a quote.
In our machine shop, we consistently achieve tolerances of 0.005” for our longer production runs, or we rely on changing the machine if we run a tighter tolerance. For shorter runs, we can cut as precise as 0.001,” or about a fourth the width of a human hair.
Setting things in stone is for the Stone Age. At Roberson Machine Company, we believe in adaptation when the job — and most importantly the Charlotte, NC customer — calls for it. Prototyping often requires adjusting, modifying, or completely rehauling the original design. This is simple to do with our CNC machines, where our specialists only need a few seconds and a few keystrokes to alter G-code.
Easy modifications are especially attractive for our customers near Charlotte, NC, allowing them the chance to test several different iterations and immediately see the results. Tweaking G-code and making refined adjustments for prototyping in the moment greatly reduces time and costs.
Our CNC machines are apathetic to what they are cutting. Our Charlotte, NC customers use various materials for prototyping, depending upon their industry. Many of our customers near Charlotte, NC want to look over prototypes in a range of materials. CNC machining provides a huge benefit here. An identical design can be prototyped in rigid plastic, aluminum, or steel, as examples, with very few adjustments made to the speed and feed of the tool doing the cutting. In addition to softer, lighter metals like magnesium and brass we utilize many materials for prototyping, such as:
Prototyping | Roberson Machine Company
Prototyping saves time and money by creating one product that can be tested and improved upon before having to invest in a full production run of thousands of units in Charlotte, NC. Roberson Machine Company can help you and your business realize a variety of cost savings. We specialize in using CNC machining for prototyping for a mixture of Charlotte, NC customers in a variety of industries. We’d enjoy doing the same for you.
Call us today at 573-646-3996 or contact us online to talk about your next prototyping project in Charlotte, NC.