Prototyping Charlotte, NC
Prototyping Charlotte, NC. Are you looking for a reliable supplier of prototyped parts applying the quickness and proficiency of CNC machining near Charlotte, NC? With hundreds of CNC machines run by an experienced team of machinists, the Roberson Machine Company in-house capacity making sure your prototyping is delivered to Charlotte, NC on-time, every single time.
At Roberson Machine Company, we specialize in prototyping for numerous businesses and customers near Charlotte, NC. If you can dream it or draw it up we have the capabilities to make it a reality, several times over and in different materials, if necessary. Our skilled staff of specialists is prepared to get to work on your prototyping needs. Reach out to get a instant pricing on our CNC prototyping for you in Charlotte, NC.
The range of affordable metal alloys — like aluminum 6061 or stainless steel 303 — as well as rigid plastics like Delrin acetal, along with the speed and precision of our skilled machinists, makes our CNC machining service a great option for prototyping in Charlotte, NC.
What Are the Advantages of Prototyping in Charlotte, NC?
Prototyping using CNC machining is beneficial in making high-quality physical models of a design idea. Prototyping is usually the first step in the mass production of a product. Many Charlotte, NC customers turn to Roberson Machine Company for prototyping projects in Charlotte, NC for:
- Showcasing the physical model of a product to investors and customers in a relatively short amount of time
- Demonstrating the appearance, dimensions, and features of your product
- Creating multiple separate versions of the product with different textures, colors, and finishes
- Ensuring that all parts are regimented in terms of size, shape, dimension, and quality
- Testing the product on the market before bringing it to full production
- Identifying and correcting potentially costly design defects before it ever touches the market
- Improving and streamlining the entire production process
In addition to prototyping, Roberson Machine Company supplies our customers near Charlotte, NC with the following services:
- CNC Companies
- Steel Machining
- Aluminum Fabrication
- Machined Parts
- Machine Shop
- Aluminum Parts Manufacturer
- CNC Services
- Component Manufacturing
- 3D Printing Services
- OEM Automotive
Who Uses Prototyping?
Prototyping is a perfect solution for businesses near Charlotte, NC in a slew of industries who need top-notch parts in specified volumes at a fast pace. We have recently helped the following industries with rapid prototyping using our CNC machining:
- The automotive industry requires new parts to be developed as fast as possible and in set quantities, especially when utilizing Just in Time manufacturing in Charlotte, NC. Our specialists build prototype parts in an array of materials for several different automotive industry customers near Charlotte, NC.
- Our Charlotte, NC customers in the medical industry require small and intricately designed parts. Prototyping parts with precise tolerances can quite literally be the difference between life and death. We are proud to provide prototyping utilizing the latest 5 axis CNC machining tools that can not only quickly fabricate medical part prototypes no matter the dimensions near Charlotte, NC, but also provide trackable reports mandated by the FDA.
- Firms in the oil and energy industry have special requirements for prototyping — parts must be built to withstand the heavy pressure of underground pipeline burial, mining, and refining. Roberson Machine Company is able to meet these standards by using only the finest materials.
- Our customers in the aerospace industry require parts with specialized geometrical dimensions, and in a large number of cases using metals that do not deform at high temperatures and altitude. As well, the special pressures and characteristics of flight require parts built to exacting tolerance and design standards. Our highly-trained technicians are eager to tackle the unique demands of aerospace prototype manufacturing, and our NC machine shop is driven to deliver aerospace manufacturers parts built to the optimal standard of quality.
Our track record in prototyping for multiple industries allows us to be a true partner throughout your manufacturing process in Charlotte, NC. Using our CNC prototyping service is a great choice for high quality parts. With our endless options of prototyping solutions, Roberson Machine Company is your one-stop shop. You can also get your prototyped parts delivered right to your door in Charlotte, NC, without the hassle of sourcing, project management, logistics, or shipping. Call us now today at 573-646-3996 or contact us online to discuss your options.
Why Should I Use CNC Machining for Prototyping In Charlotte, NC?
There are many methods that can be used to create prototyping near Charlotte, NC, but CNC machining at Roberson Machine Company is the most effective. CNC machining allows you to design a product digitally, program the data into the computer using software, and let our CNC machine take care of the rest. Using CNC eliminates human error and improves the efficiency of prototyping which, in turn, means we can make flawless, quick parts the first time and every time. There are a variety of other reasons to choose CNC machining for your prototyping needs near Charlotte, NC, including:
- Fixed Tooling is Not Necessary
- Easily Modify
- Different Materials to Choose From
A CNC machine runs on a set of CAD and CAM programmed code. The CAD software designs the models and assemblies that the CAM software translates into G-code and M-code that drive the CNC machine’s tools to turn those designs into physical parts.
The only tools necessary for prototyping using CNC machining are the metal cutting inserts used in the spindles of our mills and lathes. Different shapes and sizes of cutting inserts or blades are useful for various functions whatever material is required for your Charlotte, NC prototyping, and these can be swapped out in our machines almost instantaneously.
Not having to spend time swapping out parts or changing machines for prototyping cuts down on costs. Roberson Machine Company passes along those savings to you in Charlotte, NC. Call us at 573-646-3996 or reach out to request a quote.
In our machine shop, we consistently achieve tolerances of 0.005” for our longer production runs, or we rely on changing the machine if we run a tighter tolerance. For shorter runs, we can cut as precise as 0.001,” or about a fourth the width of a human hair.
Setting things in stone is for the Stone Age. At Roberson Machine Company, we believe in adaptation when the job — and most importantly the Charlotte, NC customer — calls for it. Prototyping often requires adjusting, modifying, or completely rehauling the original design. This is simple to do with our CNC machines, where our specialists only need a few seconds and a few keystrokes to alter G-code.
Easy modifications are especially attractive for our customers near Charlotte, NC, allowing them the chance to test several different iterations and immediately see the results. Tweaking G-code and making refined adjustments for prototyping in the moment greatly reduces time and costs.
Our CNC machines are apathetic to what they are cutting. Our Charlotte, NC customers use various materials for prototyping, depending upon their industry. Many of our customers near Charlotte, NC want to look over prototypes in a range of materials. CNC machining supplies a huge benefit here. An identical design can be prototyped in rigid plastic, aluminum, or steel, as examples, with only minimal adjustments made to the feed and speed of the machine doing the cutting. In addition to softer, lighter metals like magnesium and brass we utilize many materials for prototyping, such as:
Prototyping | Roberson Machine Company
Prototyping saves money, time, and hassle by creating a single run of a product that can be tested and optimized to peak performance before investing in a full production run of thousands of units in Charlotte, NC. Roberson Machine Company can help you and your company realize a variety of cost savings. We specialize in utilizing CNC machining for prototyping for a mixture of Charlotte, NC customers in a wide range of industries. We’d enjoy doing the same for you.