Prototyping Indianapolis, IN
Prototyping Indianapolis, IN. Are you looking for a reliable supplier of prototyped parts through the quickness and proficiency of CNC machining near Indianapolis, IN? With hundreds of CNC machines run by an experienced team of machinists, the Roberson Machine Company in-house capacity making sure your prototyping is delivered to Indianapolis, IN on-time, every single time.
At Roberson Machine Company, we specialize in prototyping for numerous businesses and customers near Indianapolis, IN. If you can dream it or draw it up we have the capabilities to make it a reality, several times over and in different materials, if necessary. Our skilled staff of specialists is prepared to get started on your prototyping plans. Send us a quick note to get a instant pricing on our CNC prototyping for you in Indianapolis, IN.
Our CNC machining service is a great option for prototyping in Indianapolis, IN, utilizing an array of affordable metal alloys — like aluminum 6061 or stainless steel 303 — as well as firm plastics such as Delrin acetal, combined with the speed and precision of our talented machinists.
What Are the Advantages of Prototyping in Indianapolis, IN?
Prototyping using CNC machining is beneficial in making high-quality physical models of a design idea. Prototyping is normally the first step in the mass production of a product. Many Indianapolis, IN customers turn to Roberson Machine Company for prototyping projects in Indianapolis, IN for:
- Showcasing the physical model of a product to investors and customers in a relatively short amount of time
- Exhibiting the appearance, dimensions, and features of your product
- Creating multiple separate versions of the product with different colors, surface textures, and finishing processes
- Ensuring that all parts are standardized in terms of size, shape, dimension, and quality
- Testing the market with your product before production
- Identifying and correcting potentially expensive design flaws before reaching the market
- Streamlining and improving upon the entire production process
In addition to prototyping, Roberson Machine Company provides our customers near Indianapolis, IN with the following services:
- CNC Companies
- Steel Machining
- Aluminum Fabrication
- Machined Parts
- Machine Shop
- Aluminum Parts Manufacturer
- CNC Services
- Component Manufacturing
- 3D Printing Services
- OEM Automotive
Who Uses Prototyping?
Prototyping is an ideal solution for companies near Indianapolis, IN in a multitude of industries who want high-quality parts in specified amounts with short turnaround times. We have recently helped the following industries with rapid prototyping utilizing our CNC machining:
- The automotive industry requires new parts to be developed as quickly as possible and in set quantities, particularly when employing Just in Time manufacturing in Indianapolis, IN. Our specialists build prototype parts in a wide range of materials for multiple automotive industry customers near Indianapolis, IN.
- Our Indianapolis, IN customers in the medical industry mandate that parts are developed to some of the most exacting tolerances in the machining industry: above all, ensuring that defective parts do not make it to end users is truly the difference between life and death. As well, medical parts are often very small and complicated in design. Roberson Machine Company is equipped with the latest 5 axis CNC machining tools that can not only quickly fabricate medical part prototypes regardless of size, but also provide process and tracking reports required by the FDA.
- Indianapolis, IN oil and energy industry firms have notable demands for prototypes: they need to be made to withstand the rigors of mining, refining, and potentially being buried underground. Roberson answers these demands by specializing in machining prototypes made of materials such as brass, alloy steel, and even plastics.
- Our customers in the aerospace industry demand parts with highly technical geometrical dimensions, and in a large number of cases using metals that do not deform at high temperatures and altitude. In addition, the special pressures and characteristics of flight require parts made to strict tolerance and design standards. Our experienced technicians are eager to take on the unique demands of aerospace prototype manufacturing, and our IN machine shop is devoted to delivering aerospace manufacturers parts built to the optimal standard of quality.
Our track record in prototyping for multiple industries allows us to be a true partner throughout your manufacturing process in Indianapolis, IN. Using our CNC prototyping service is a great choice for high quality parts. With our endless options of prototyping solutions, Roberson Machine Company is your one-stop shop. You can also get your prototyped parts delivered right to your door in Indianapolis, IN, without the hassle of sourcing, project management, logistics, or shipping. Call us now today at 573-646-3996 or contact us online to discuss your options.
Why Should I Use CNC Machining for Prototyping In Indianapolis, IN?
There are many methods that can be used to create prototyping near Indianapolis, IN, but CNC machining at Roberson Machine Company is the most effective. CNC machining allows you to design a product digitally, program the data into the computer using software, and let our CNC machine take care of the rest. Using CNC eliminates human error and improves the efficiency of prototyping which, in turn, means we can make flawless, quick parts the first time and every time. There are a variety of other reasons to choose CNC machining for your prototyping needs near Indianapolis, IN, including:
- Fixed Tooling is Not Necessary
- Easily Modify
- Different Materials to Choose From
A CNC machine runs on a set of CAD and CAM programmed code. The CAD software designs the models and assemblies that the CAM software translates into G-code and M-code that drive the CNC machine’s tools to turn those designs into physical parts.
The only tools necessary for prototyping using CNC machining are the metal cutting inserts used in the spindles of our mills and lathes. Different shapes and sizes of cutting inserts or blades are useful for various functions whatever material is required for your Indianapolis, IN prototyping, and these can be swapped out in our machines almost instantaneously.
Not having to spend time swapping out parts or changing machines for prototyping cuts down on costs. Roberson Machine Company passes along those savings to you in Indianapolis, IN. Call us at 573-646-3996 or reach out to request a quote.
In our machine shop, we consistently achieve tolerances of 0.005” for our longer production runs, or we rely on changing the machine if we run a tighter tolerance. For shorter runs, we can cut as precise as 0.001,” or about a fourth the width of a human hair.
Setting things in stone is for the Stone Age. At Roberson Machine Company, we believe in adaptation when the job — and most importantly the Indianapolis, IN customer — calls for it. Prototyping often requires adjusting, modifying, or completely rehauling the original design. This is simple to do with our CNC machines, where our specialists only need a few seconds and a few keystrokes to alter G-code.
Easy modifications are especially attractive for our customers near Indianapolis, IN, allowing them the chance to test several different iterations and immediately see the results. Tweaking G-code and making refined adjustments for prototyping in the moment greatly reduces time and costs.
Our CNC machines are indifferent to what they are cutting. Our Indianapolis, IN customers use various materials for prototyping, depending upon their industry. Many of our customers near Indianapolis, IN want to see prototypes in a range of materials. CNC machining supplies a huge benefit here. An identical design can be prototyped in rigid plastic, aluminum, or steel, as examples, with only minimal adjustments made to the speed and feed of the machine doing the cutting. In addition to softer, lighter metals like magnesium and brass we use many materials for prototyping, such as:
Prototyping | Roberson Machine Company
Prototyping saves time and money by creating one product that can be tested and improved upon before having to invest in a full production run of thousands of units in Indianapolis, IN. Roberson Machine Company can help you and your business realize a variety of cost savings. We specialize in using CNC machining for prototyping for various Indianapolis, IN customers in a wide range of industries. We’d enjoy doing the same for you.