Prototyping Columbus, OH
Prototyping Columbus, OH. Are you looking for a reliable supplier of prototyped parts applying the quickness and proficiency of CNC machining near Columbus, OH? With hundreds of CNC machines run by an experienced team of machinists, the Roberson Machine Company in-house capacity ensures your prototyping is delivered to Columbus, OH on-time, every single time.
At Roberson Machine Company, we specialize in prototyping for numerous businesses and customers near Columbus, OH. If you can dream it or draw it up we possess the capabilities to make it real, several times over and in different materials, if necessary. Our skilled staff of specialists is prepared to get to work on your prototyping plans. Send us a quick note to get a instant pricing on our CNC prototyping for you in Columbus, OH.
The range of economical metal alloys — like aluminum 6061 or stainless steel 303 — as well as firm plastics such as Delrin acetal, along with the speed and precision of our talented machinists, makes our CNC machining service a great choice for prototyping in Columbus, OH.
What Are the Benefits of Prototyping in Columbus, OH?
Prototyping using CNC machining is advantageous in making high-quality physical models of a design idea. Prototyping is normally the first step in the mass production of a product. Many Columbus, OH customers seek out Roberson Machine Company for prototyping projects in Columbus, OH for:
- Showcasing the physical model of a product to investors and customers in a relatively short amount of time
- Exhibiting the appearance, dimensions, and features of your product
- Generating multiple separate versions of the product with different colors, surface textures, and finishing processes
- Making sure that all parts are regimented in terms of quality, size, dimension, and shape
- Testing the product on the market before bringing it to full production
- Identifying and repairing potentially expensive design defects before it ever touches the market
- Improving and streamlining the entire production process
In addition to prototyping, Roberson Machine Company provides our customers near Columbus, OH with the following services:
- Aluminum Parts Manufacturer
- CNC Services
- Component Manufacturing
- 3D Printing Services
- OEM Automotive
- Medical Device Manufacturing
- Contract Manufacturing Companies
- Production Machining and Milling
- Precision CNC Machining
Who Uses Prototyping?
If you need top-notch parts in specified volumes with short turnaround times, prototyping is a perfect solution for companies near Columbus, OH in a number of industries. We have recently assisted the following industries with rapid prototyping utilizing our CNC machining:
- The automotive industry requires new parts to be produced as quickly as possible and in set quantities, particularly when utilizing Just in Time manufacturing in Columbus, OH. Our specialists build prototype parts in a wide range of materials for a variety of automotive industry customers near Columbus, OH.
- Our Columbus, OH customers in the medical industry require small and intricately designed parts. Prototyping parts with precise tolerances can quite literally be the difference between life and death. We are proud to provide prototyping utilizing the latest 5 axis CNC machining tools that can not only quickly fabricate medical part prototypes no matter the dimensions near Columbus, OH, but also provide trackable reports mandated by the FDA.
- Columbus, OH oil and energy industry firms have notable requirements for prototypes: they must be built to withstand the rigors of mining, refining, and potentially being buried underground. Roberson meets these demands by excelling in machining prototypes made from materials such as brass, alloy steel, and even plastics.
- Our customers in the aerospace industry need parts with specialized geometrical dimensions, and in many cases using metals that do not deform at high temperatures and altitude. Moreover, the special pressures and characteristics of flight necessitate parts made to exacting tolerance and design standards. Our highly-trained technicians are eager to take on the unique demands of aerospace prototype manufacturing, and our OH machine shop is focused on delivering aerospace manufacturers parts built to the optimal standard of quality.
Our track record in prototyping for multiple industries allows us to be a true partner throughout your manufacturing process in Columbus, OH. Using our CNC prototyping service is a great choice for high quality, ISO 9001:2015 certified parts. With our endless options of prototyping solutions, Roberson Machine Company is your one-stop shop. You can also get your prototyped parts delivered right to your door in Columbus, OH, without the hassle of sourcing, project management, logistics, or shipping. Call us now today at 573-646-3996 or contact us online to discuss your options.
Why Should I Use CNC Machining for Prototyping In Columbus, OH?
There are many methods that can be used to create prototyping near Columbus, OH, but CNC machining at Roberson Machine Company is the most effective. CNC machining allows you to design a product digitally, program the data into the computer using software, and let our CNC machine take care of the rest. Using CNC eliminates human error and improves the efficiency of prototyping which, in turn, means we can make flawless, quick parts the first time and every time. There are a variety of other reasons to choose CNC machining for your prototyping needs near Columbus, OH, including:
- Fixed Tooling is Not Necessary
- Easily Modify
- Different Materials to Choose From
A CNC machine runs on a set of CAD and CAM programmed code. The CAD software designs the models and assemblies that the CAM software translates into G-code and M-code that drive the CNC machine’s tools to turn those designs into physical parts.
The only tools necessary for prototyping using CNC machining are the metal cutting inserts used in the spindles of our mills and lathes. Different shapes and sizes of cutting inserts or blades are useful for various functions whatever material is required for your Columbus, OH prototyping, and these can be swapped out in our machines almost instantaneously.
Not having to spend time swapping out parts or changing machines for prototyping cuts down on costs. Roberson Machine Company passes along those savings to you in Columbus, OH. Call us at 573-646-3996 or reach out to request a quote.
In our machine shop, we consistently achieve tolerances of 0.005” for our longer production runs, or we rely on changing the machine if we run a tighter tolerance. For shorter runs, we can cut as precise as 0.001,” or about a fourth the width of a human hair.
Setting things in stone is for the Stone Age. At Roberson Machine Company, we believe in adaptation when the job — and most importantly the Columbus, OH customer — calls for it. Prototyping often requires adjusting, modifying, or completely rehauling the original design. This is simple to do with our CNC machines, where our specialists only need a few seconds and a few keystrokes to alter G-code.
Easy modifications are especially attractive for our customers near Columbus, OH, allowing them the chance to test several different iterations and immediately see the results. Tweaking G-code and making refined adjustments for prototyping in the moment greatly reduces time and costs.
Our CNC machines are apathetic to what they are cutting. Our Columbus, OH customers use a variety of materials for prototyping, depending upon their industry. Many of our customers near Columbus, OH want to look over prototypes in a range of materials. CNC machining provides a huge benefit here. An identical design can be prototyped in rigid plastic, aluminum, or steel, as examples, with very few adjustments made to the speed and feed of the machine performing the cutting. In addition to softer, lighter metals like magnesium and brass we utilize many materials for prototyping, including:
Prototyping | Roberson Machine Company
Prototyping saves time and money by creating one product that can be tested and improved upon before having to invest in a full production run of thousands of units in Columbus, OH. Roberson Machine Company can help you and your company realize a variety of cost savings. We specialize in utilizing CNC machining for prototyping for a mixture of Columbus, OH customers in a wide range of industries. We’d love to do the same for you.