Prototyping Chattanooga, TN
Prototyping Chattanooga, TN. Have you been seeking a dependable supplier of prototyped parts applying the quickness and proficiency of CNC machining near Chattanooga, TN? With hundreds of CNC machines run by an experienced staff of machinists, the Roberson Machine Company in-house capacity ensures your prototyping is delivered to Chattanooga, TN on-time, every single time.
At Roberson Machine Company, we specialize in prototyping for numerous businesses and customers near Chattanooga, TN. If you can dream it or draw it up we possess the capabilities to make it a reality, several times over and in different materials, if necessary. Our skilled staff of specialists is prepared to get to work on your prototyping needs. Reach out to get a instant pricing on our CNC prototyping for you in Chattanooga, TN.
The scope of economical metal alloys — like aluminum 6061 or stainless steel 303 — as well as firm plastics such as Delrin acetal, along with the speed and precision of our skilled machinists, makes our CNC machining service a great option for prototyping in Chattanooga, TN.
What Are the Benefits of Prototyping in Chattanooga, TN?
Prototyping using CNC machining is advantageous in making high-quality physical models of a design idea. Prototyping is usually the first step in the mass production of a product. Many Chattanooga, TN customers seek out Roberson Machine Company for prototyping projects in Chattanooga, TN for:
- Showing customers and investors a physical model of your product in as little amount of time as possible
- Demonstrating the appearance, dimensions, and features of your product
- Generating multiple separate versions of the product with differing colors, surface textures, and finishing processes
- Making sure that all parts are regimented in terms of dimension, shape, quality, and size
- Testing the market with your product before production
- Identifying and repairing potentially expensive design flaws before reaching the market
- Improving and streamlining the entire production process
In addition to prototyping, Roberson Machine Company supplies our customers near Chattanooga, TN with the following services:
- Component Manufacturing
- 3D Printing Services
- OEM Automotive
- Medical Device Manufacturing
- Contract Manufacturing Companies
- Production Machining and Milling
- Precision CNC Machining
- Wire EDM
- Aluminum CNC Machining
Who Uses Prototyping?
Prototyping is an ideal solution for companies near Chattanooga, TN in a multitude of industries who need high-quality parts in specified amounts at a fast pace. We have recently assisted the following industries with rapid prototyping utilizing our CNC machining:
- The automotive industry requires new parts to be produced as fast as possible and in set quantities, especially when utilizing Just in Time manufacturing in Chattanooga, TN. Our specialists build prototype parts in an array of materials for multiple automotive industry customers near Chattanooga, TN.
- Our Chattanooga, TN customers in the medical industry mandate that parts are developed to some of the most exacting tolerances in the machining industry: above all, making sure that defective parts do not make it to consumers is truly a matter of life and death. In addition, medical parts are often very small and intricate in design. Roberson Machine Company is proud to use the latest 5 axis CNC machining tools that can not only rapidly fabricate medical part prototypes regardless of size, but also provide process and tracking reports mandated by the FDA.
- Firms in the oil and energy industry have special requirements for prototyping — parts must be built to withstand the heavy pressure of underground pipeline burial, mining, and refining. Roberson Machine Company is able to meet these standards by using only the finest materials.
- Our customers in the aerospace industry require prototyped parts with highly technical geometrical dimensions, as well as using rare metals that will not deform or warp at high temperatures and altitudes. Our knowledgeable machinists are ready to tackle the unique demands of aerospace prototyping near Chattanooga, TN.
Our track record in prototyping for multiple industries allows us to be a true partner throughout your manufacturing process in Chattanooga, TN. Using our CNC prototyping service is a great choice for high quality, ISO 9001:2015 certified parts. With our endless options of prototyping solutions, Roberson Machine Company is your one-stop shop. You can also get your prototyped parts delivered right to your door in Chattanooga, TN, without the hassle of sourcing, project management, logistics, or shipping. Call us now today at 573-646-3996 or contact us online to discuss your options.
Why Should I Use CNC Machining for Prototyping In Chattanooga, TN?
There are many methods that can be used to create prototyping near Chattanooga, TN, but CNC machining at Roberson Machine Company is the most effective. CNC machining allows you to design a product digitally, program the data into the computer using software, and let our CNC machine take care of the rest. Using CNC eliminates human error and improves the efficiency of prototyping which, in turn, means we can make flawless, quick parts the first time and every time. There are a variety of other reasons to choose CNC machining for your prototyping needs near Chattanooga, TN, including:
- Fixed Tooling is Not Necessary
- Easily Modify
- Different Materials to Choose From
A CNC machine runs on a set of CAD and CAM programmed code. The CAD software designs the models and assemblies that the CAM software translates into G-code and M-code that drive the CNC machine’s tools to turn those designs into physical parts.
The only tools necessary for prototyping using CNC machining are the metal cutting inserts used in the spindles of our mills and lathes. Different shapes and sizes of cutting inserts or blades are useful for various functions whatever material is required for your Chattanooga, TN prototyping, and these can be swapped out in our machines almost instantaneously.
Not having to spend time swapping out parts or changing machines for prototyping cuts down on costs. Roberson Machine Company passes along those savings to you in Chattanooga, TN. Call us at 573-646-3996 or reach out to request a quote.
In our machine shop, we consistently achieve tolerances of 0.005” for our longer production runs, or we rely on changing the machine if we run a tighter tolerance. For shorter runs, we can cut as precise as 0.001,” or about a fourth the width of a human hair.
Setting things in stone is for the Stone Age. At Roberson Machine Company, we believe in adaptation when the job — and most importantly the Chattanooga, TN customer — calls for it. Prototyping often requires adjusting, modifying, or completely rehauling the original design. This is simple to do with our CNC machines, where our specialists only need a few seconds and a few keystrokes to alter G-code.
Easy modifications are especially attractive for our customers near Chattanooga, TN, allowing them the chance to test several different iterations and immediately see the results. Tweaking G-code and making refined adjustments for prototyping in the moment greatly reduces time and costs.
Our CNC machines are indifferent to what they are cutting. Our Chattanooga, TN customers use a variety of materials for prototyping, depending upon their industry. Many of our customers near Chattanooga, TN want to look over prototypes in a range of materials. CNC machining provides a huge benefit here. The same design can be prototyped in rigid plastic, aluminum, or steel, for example, with very few adjustments made to the feed and speed of the tool performing the cutting. In addition to softer, lighter metals like magnesium and brass we utilize many materials for prototyping, including:
Prototyping | Roberson Machine Company
Prototyping saves money, time, and hassle by creating one product that can be tested and improved upon before having to invest in a full production run of thousands of units in Chattanooga, TN. Roberson Machine Company can help you and your company realize a variety of cost savings. We specialize in using CNC machining for prototyping for a mixture of Chattanooga, TN customers in a wide range of industries. We’d enjoy doing the same for you.