Prototyping Wausau, WI
Prototyping Wausau, WI. Are you searching for a dependable supplier of prototyped parts through the quickness and proficiency of CNC machining near Wausau, WI? With hundreds of CNC machines run by an experienced team of machinists, the Roberson Machine Company in-house capacity ensures your prototyping is delivered to Wausau, WI on-time, every single time.
At Roberson Machine Company, we specialize in prototyping for a number of businesses and customers near Wausau, WI. If you can dream it or draw it up we have the capabilities to make it a reality, several times over and in different materials, if necessary. Our skilled staff of specialists is prepared to get to work on your prototyping needs. Send us a quick note to get a instant pricing on our CNC prototyping for you in Wausau, WI.
The range of affordable metal alloys — like aluminum 6061 or stainless steel 303 — as well as firm plastics such as Delrin acetal, along with the speed and precision of our talented machinists, makes our CNC machining service a great choice for prototyping in Wausau, WI.
What Are the Benefits of Prototyping in Wausau, WI?
Prototyping using CNC machining is advantageous in making high-quality physical models of a design idea. Prototyping is usually the first step in the mass production of a product. Many Wausau, WI customers turn to Roberson Machine Company for prototyping projects in Wausau, WI for:
- Showcasing the physical model of a product to investors and customers in a relatively short amount of time
- Demonstrating the appearance, features, and dimensions of your product
- Creating multiple separate versions of the product with differing colors, surface textures, and finishing processes
- Making sure that all parts are standardized in terms of quality, size, dimension, and shape
- Testing the market with your product before production
- Finding and repairing potentially expensive design flaws before it ever touches the market
- Streamlining and improving upon the whole production process
In addition to prototyping, Roberson Machine Company provides our customers near Wausau, WI with the following services:
- 3D Printing Services
- OEM Automotive
- Medical Device Manufacturing
- Contract Manufacturing Companies
- Production Machining and Milling
- Precision CNC Machining
- Wire EDM
- Aluminum CNC Machining
Who Uses Prototyping?
If you need top-notch parts in specified volumes at a fast pace, prototyping is a perfect solution for companies near Wausau, WI in a number of industries. We have recently assisted the following industries with rapid prototyping using our CNC machining:
- The automotive industry needs new parts to be developed as fast as possible and in set quantities, particularly when utilizing Just in Time manufacturing in Wausau, WI. Our specialists build prototype parts in an array of materials for several different automotive industry customers near Wausau, WI.
- Our Wausau, WI customers in the medical industry require small and intricately designed parts. Prototyping parts with precise tolerances can quite literally be the difference between life and death. We are proud to provide prototyping utilizing the latest 5 axis CNC machining tools that can not only quickly fabricate medical part prototypes no matter the dimensions near Wausau, WI, but also provide trackable reports mandated by the FDA.
- Wausau, WI oil and energy industry firms have special demands for prototypes: they must be made to withstand the heavy pressure of mining, refining, and potentially being buried underground. Roberson responds to these demands by excelling in machining prototypes made from materials such as brass, alloy steel, and even plastics.
- Our customers in the aerospace industry require prototyped parts with highly technical geometrical dimensions, as well as using rare metals that will not deform or warp at high temperatures and altitudes. Our knowledgeable machinists are ready to tackle the unique demands of aerospace prototyping near Wausau, WI.
Our track record in prototyping for multiple industries allows us to be a true partner throughout your manufacturing process in Wausau, WI. Using our CNC prototyping service is a great choice for high quality, ISO 9001:2015 certified parts. With our endless options of prototyping solutions, Roberson Machine Company is your one-stop shop. You can also get your prototyped parts delivered right to your door in Wausau, WI, without the hassle of sourcing, project management, logistics, or shipping. Call us now today at 573-646-3996 or contact us online to discuss your options.
Why Should I Use CNC Machining for Prototyping In Wausau, WI?
There are many methods that can be used to create prototyping near Wausau, WI, but CNC machining at Roberson Machine Company is the most effective. CNC machining allows you to design a product digitally, program the data into the computer using software, and let our CNC machine take care of the rest. Using CNC eliminates human error and improves the efficiency of prototyping which, in turn, means we can make flawless, quick parts the first time and every time. There are a variety of other reasons to choose CNC machining for your prototyping needs near Wausau, WI, including:
- Fixed Tooling is Not Necessary
- Easily Modify
- Different Materials to Choose From
A CNC machine runs on a set of CAD and CAM programmed code. The CAD software designs the models and assemblies that the CAM software translates into G-code and M-code that drive the CNC machine’s tools to turn those designs into physical parts.
The only tools necessary for prototyping using CNC machining are the metal cutting inserts used in the spindles of our mills and lathes. Different shapes and sizes of cutting inserts or blades are useful for various functions whatever material is required for your Wausau, WI prototyping, and these can be swapped out in our machines almost instantaneously.
Not having to spend time swapping out parts or changing machines for prototyping cuts down on costs. Roberson Machine Company passes along those savings to you in Wausau, WI. Call us at 573-646-3996 or reach out to request a quote.
In our machine shop, we consistently achieve tolerances of 0.005” for our longer production runs, or we rely on changing the machine if we run a tighter tolerance. For shorter runs, we can cut as precise as 0.001,” or about a fourth the width of a human hair.
Setting things in stone is for the Stone Age. At Roberson Machine Company, we believe in adaptation when the job — and most importantly the Wausau, WI customer — calls for it. Prototyping often requires adjusting, modifying, or completely rehauling the original design. This is simple to do with our CNC machines, where our specialists only need a few seconds and a few keystrokes to alter G-code.
Easy modifications are especially attractive for our customers near Wausau, WI, allowing them the chance to test several different iterations and immediately see the results. Tweaking G-code and making refined adjustments for prototyping in the moment greatly reduces time and costs.
Our CNC machines are apathetic to what they are cutting. Our Wausau, WI customers use a variety of materials for prototyping, depending upon their industry. A lot of our customers near Wausau, WI want to look over prototypes in a range of materials. CNC machining supplies a huge benefit here. An identical design can be prototyped in rigid plastic, aluminum, or steel, for example, with very few adjustments made to the feed and speed of the machine performing the cutting. In addition to softer, lighter metals like magnesium and brass we use many materials for prototyping, including:
Prototyping | Roberson Machine Company
Prototyping saves time and money by creating a single run of a product that can be tested and optimized to peak performance before having to invest in a full production run of thousands of units in Wausau, WI. Roberson Machine Company can help you and your company realize a variety of cost savings. We concentrate on using CNC machining for prototyping for various Wausau, WI customers in a variety of industries. We’d love to do the same for you.