Prototyping Winston-Salem, NC
Prototyping Winston-Salem, NC. Are you looking for a reliable supplier of prototyped parts through the quickness and proficiency of CNC machining near Winston-Salem, NC? With hundreds of CNC machines run by an experienced staff of machinists, the Roberson Machine Company in-house capacity ensures your prototyping is delivered to Winston-Salem, NC on-time, every single time.
At Roberson Machine Company, we specialize in prototyping for a number of businesses and customers near Winston-Salem, NC. If you can dream it or draw it up we have the capabilities to make it a reality, several times over and in different materials, if necessary. Our skilled staff of specialists is prepared to get started on your prototyping plans. Reach out to get a instant pricing on our CNC prototyping for you in Winston-Salem, NC.
Our CNC machining service is a great option for prototyping in Winston-Salem, NC, utilizing an assortment of economical metal alloys — like aluminum 6061 or stainless steel 303 — as well as firm plastics such as Delrin acetal, along with the speed and precision of our talented machinists.
What Are the Advantages of Prototyping in Winston-Salem, NC?
Prototyping using CNC machining is beneficial in creating high-quality physical models of a design idea. Prototyping is normally the first step in the mass production of a product. Many Winston-Salem, NC customers turn to Roberson Machine Company for prototyping projects in Winston-Salem, NC for:
- Showing customers and investors a physical model of your product in as little amount of time as possible
- Exhibiting the appearance, dimensions, and features of your product
- Creating multiple separate versions of the product with differing colors, surface textures, and finishing processes
- Ensuring that all parts are standardized in terms of dimension, shape, quality, and size
- Testing the market with your product before production
- Identifying and correcting potentially costly design flaws before reaching the market
- Streamlining and improving upon the whole production process
In addition to prototyping, Roberson Machine Company provides our customers near Winston-Salem, NC with the following services:
- Component Manufacturing
- 3D Printing Services
- OEM Automotive
- Medical Device Manufacturing
- Contract Manufacturing Companies
- Production Machining and Milling
- Precision CNC Machining
- Wire EDM
- Aluminum CNC Machining
Who Uses Prototyping?
If you want top-notch parts in specified volumes under tight deadlines, prototyping is a perfect solution for companies near Winston-Salem, NC in a number of industries. We have recently helped the following industries with rapid prototyping using our CNC machining:
- The automotive industry needs new parts to be developed as fast as possible and in set quantities, especially when utilizing Just in Time manufacturing in Winston-Salem, NC. Our specialists build prototype parts in an array of materials for a variety of automotive industry customers near Winston-Salem, NC.
- Our Winston-Salem, NC customers in the medical industry mandate that parts are developed to some of the most demanding tolerances in the machining industry: above all, ensuring that defective parts do not make it to market is quite literally the difference between life and death. In addition, medical parts are often very small and intricate in design. Roberson Machine Company is proud to use the latest 5 axis CNC machining tools that can not only rapidly fabricate medical part prototypes regardless of size, but also provide process and tracking reports mandated by the FDA.
- Winston-Salem, NC oil and energy industry firms have special demands for prototypes: they need to be made to withstand the heavy pressure of refining, mining, and underground burial. Roberson answers these demands by excelling in machining prototypes using materials such as brass, alloy steel, and even plastics.
- Our customers in the aerospace industry require parts with intricate geometrical dimensions, and in many cases using metals that do not deform at high temperatures and altitude. As well, the special pressures and characteristics of flight require parts made to exacting tolerance and design standards. Our experienced technicians are eager to take on the unique demands of aerospace prototype manufacturing, and our NC machine shop is driven to deliver aerospace manufacturers parts built to the highest standard of quality.
Our track record in prototyping for multiple industries allows us to be a true partner throughout your manufacturing process in Winston-Salem, NC. Using our CNC prototyping service is a great choice for high quality, ISO 9001:2015 certified parts. With our endless options of prototyping solutions, Roberson Machine Company is your one-stop shop. You can also get your prototyped parts delivered right to your door in Winston-Salem, NC, without the hassle of sourcing, project management, logistics, or shipping. Call us now today at 573-646-3996 or contact us online to discuss your options.
Why Should I Use CNC Machining for Prototyping In Winston-Salem, NC?
There are many methods that can be used to create prototyping near Winston-Salem, NC, but CNC machining at Roberson Machine Company is the most effective. CNC machining allows you to design a product digitally, program the data into the computer using software, and let our CNC machine take care of the rest. Using CNC eliminates human error and improves the efficiency of prototyping which, in turn, means we can make flawless, quick parts the first time and every time. There are a variety of other reasons to choose CNC machining for your prototyping needs near Winston-Salem, NC, including:
- Fixed Tooling is Not Necessary
- Easily Modify
- Different Materials to Choose From
A CNC machine runs on a set of CAD and CAM programmed code. The CAD software designs the models and assemblies that the CAM software translates into G-code and M-code that drive the CNC machine’s tools to turn those designs into physical parts.
The only tools necessary for prototyping using CNC machining are the metal cutting inserts used in the spindles of our mills and lathes. Different shapes and sizes of cutting inserts or blades are useful for various functions whatever material is required for your Winston-Salem, NC prototyping, and these can be swapped out in our machines almost instantaneously.
Not having to spend time swapping out parts or changing machines for prototyping cuts down on costs. Roberson Machine Company passes along those savings to you in Winston-Salem, NC. Call us at 573-646-3996 or reach out to request a quote.
In our machine shop, we consistently achieve tolerances of 0.005” for our longer production runs, or we rely on changing the machine if we run a tighter tolerance. For shorter runs, we can cut as precise as 0.001,” or about a fourth the width of a human hair.
Setting things in stone is for the Stone Age. At Roberson Machine Company, we believe in adaptation when the job — and most importantly the Winston-Salem, NC customer — calls for it. Prototyping often requires adjusting, modifying, or completely rehauling the original design. This is simple to do with our CNC machines, where our specialists only need a few seconds and a few keystrokes to alter G-code.
Easy modifications are especially attractive for our customers near Winston-Salem, NC, allowing them the chance to test several different iterations and immediately see the results. Tweaking G-code and making refined adjustments for prototyping in the moment greatly reduces time and costs.
Our CNC machines are apathetic to what they are cutting. Our Winston-Salem, NC customers use a variety of materials for prototyping, depending upon their industry. A lot of our customers near Winston-Salem, NC want to see prototypes in a range of materials. CNC machining supplies a huge benefit here. The same design can be prototyped in rigid plastic, aluminum, or steel, for example, with only minimal adjustments made to the feed and speed of the machine performing the cutting. In addition to softer, lighter metals like magnesium and brass we use many materials for prototyping, including:
Prototyping | Roberson Machine Company
Prototyping saves time and money by creating a single run of a product that can be tested and improved upon before having to invest in a full production run of thousands of units in Winston-Salem, NC. Roberson Machine Company can help you and your business realize a variety of cost savings. We concentrate on utilizing CNC machining for prototyping for a mixture of Winston-Salem, NC customers in a wide range of industries. We’d love to do the same for you.