Prototyping Winston-Salem, NC
Prototyping Winston-Salem, NC. Are you searching for a reliable supplier of prototyped parts through the quickness and proficiency of CNC machining near Winston-Salem, NC? With hundreds of CNC machines run by an experienced team of machinists, the Roberson Machine Company in-house capacity ensures your prototyping is shipped to Winston-Salem, NC on-time, every single time.
At Roberson Machine Company, we specialize in prototyping for a number of businesses and customers near Winston-Salem, NC. If you can dream it or draw it up we possess the capabilities to make it a reality, several times over and in different materials, if necessary. Our skilled staff of specialists is prepared to get to work on your prototyping needs. Send us a quick note to get a instant pricing on our CNC prototyping for you in Winston-Salem, NC.
The range of economical metal alloys — like aluminum 6061 or stainless steel 303 — as well as rigid plastics like Delrin acetal, combined with the speed and precision of our skilled machinists, makes our CNC machining service a great choice for prototyping in Winston-Salem, NC.
What Are the Benefits of Prototyping in Winston-Salem, NC?
Prototyping using CNC machining is advantageous in making high-quality physical models of a design idea. Prototyping is normally the first step in the mass production of a product. Many Winston-Salem, NC customers seek out Roberson Machine Company for prototyping projects in Winston-Salem, NC for:
- Showcasing the physical model of a product to investors and customers in a relatively short amount of time
- Demonstrating the appearance, dimensions, and features of your product
- Creating multiple separate versions of the product with differing textures, colors, and finishes
- Ensuring that all parts are standardized in terms of dimension, shape, quality, and size
- Testing the market with your product before production
- Identifying and repairing potentially costly design flaws before it ever touches the market
- Streamlining and improving upon the whole production process
In addition to prototyping, Roberson Machine Company supplies our customers near Winston-Salem, NC with the following services:
- Machined Parts
- Aluminum Parts Manufacturer
- CNC Services
- Component Manufacturing
- 3D Printing Services
- OEM Automotive
- Medical Device Manufacturing
- Contract Manufacturing Companies
- Production Machining and Milling
Who Uses Prototyping?
Prototyping is an ideal solution for businesses near Winston-Salem, NC in a multitude of industries who require high-quality parts in specified amounts with short turnaround times. We have recently assisted the following industries with rapid prototyping utilizing our CNC machining:
- The automotive industry needs new parts to be developed as fast as possible and in set quantities, especially when employing Just in Time manufacturing in Winston-Salem, NC. Our specialists build prototype parts in a wide range of materials for multiple automotive industry customers near Winston-Salem, NC.
- Our Winston-Salem, NC customers in the medical industry require parts to be developed to some of the most precise tolerances in the machining industry: after all, ensuring that defective parts do not make it to end users is truly the difference between life and death. As well, medical parts are often quite small and intricate in design. Roberson Machine Company has in our shop the latest 5 axis CNC machining tools that can not only quickly fabricate medical part prototypes regardless of size, but also provide process and tracking reports mandated by the FDA.
- Winston-Salem, NC oil and energy industry firms have notable demands for prototypes: they need to be made to withstand the rigors of refining, mining, and underground burial. Roberson meets these demands by specializing in machining prototypes made of materials such as brass, alloy steel, and even plastics.
- Our customers in the aerospace industry demand parts with intricate geometrical dimensions, and in a large number of cases using metals that can withstand high temperatures and altitude. Moreover, the unique pressures and characteristics of flight necessitate parts built to exacting tolerance and design standards. Our veteran technicians are ready to tackle the challenges of aerospace prototype manufacturing, and our NC machine shop is focused on delivering aerospace manufacturers parts built to the highest standard of quality.
Our track record in prototyping for multiple industries allows us to be a true partner throughout your manufacturing process in Winston-Salem, NC. Using our CNC prototyping service is a great choice for high quality, ISO 9001:2015 certified parts. With our endless options of prototyping solutions, Roberson Machine Company is your one-stop shop. You can also get your prototyped parts delivered right to your door in Winston-Salem, NC, without the hassle of sourcing, project management, logistics, or shipping. Call us now today at 573-646-3996 or contact us online to discuss your options.
Why Should I Use CNC Machining for Prototyping In Winston-Salem, NC?
There are many methods that can be used to create prototyping near Winston-Salem, NC, but CNC machining at Roberson Machine Company is the most effective. CNC machining allows you to design a product digitally, program the data into the computer using software, and let our CNC machine take care of the rest. Using CNC eliminates human error and improves the efficiency of prototyping which, in turn, means we can make flawless, quick parts the first time and every time. There are a variety of other reasons to choose CNC machining for your prototyping needs near Winston-Salem, NC, including:
- Fixed Tooling is Not Necessary
- Easily Modify
- Different Materials to Choose From
A CNC machine runs on a set of CAD and CAM programmed code. The CAD software designs the models and assemblies that the CAM software translates into G-code and M-code that drive the CNC machine’s tools to turn those designs into physical parts.
The only tools necessary for prototyping using CNC machining are the metal cutting inserts used in the spindles of our mills and lathes. Different shapes and sizes of cutting inserts or blades are useful for various functions whatever material is required for your Winston-Salem, NC prototyping, and these can be swapped out in our machines almost instantaneously.
Not having to spend time swapping out parts or changing machines for prototyping cuts down on costs. Roberson Machine Company passes along those savings to you in Winston-Salem, NC. Call us at 573-646-3996 or reach out to request a quote.
In our machine shop, we consistently achieve tolerances of 0.005” for our longer production runs, or we rely on changing the machine if we run a tighter tolerance. For shorter runs, we can cut as precise as 0.001,” or about a fourth the width of a human hair.
Setting things in stone is for the Stone Age. At Roberson Machine Company, we believe in adaptation when the job — and most importantly the Winston-Salem, NC customer — calls for it. Prototyping often requires adjusting, modifying, or completely rehauling the original design. This is simple to do with our CNC machines, where our specialists only need a few seconds and a few keystrokes to alter G-code.
Easy modifications are especially attractive for our customers near Winston-Salem, NC, allowing them the chance to test several different iterations and immediately see the results. Tweaking G-code and making refined adjustments for prototyping in the moment greatly reduces time and costs.
Our CNC machines are indifferent to what they are cutting. Our Winston-Salem, NC customers use a variety of materials for prototyping, depending upon their industry. A lot of our customers near Winston-Salem, NC want to look over prototypes in a range of materials. CNC machining supplies a huge benefit here. The same design can be prototyped in rigid plastic, aluminum, or steel, for example, with very few adjustments made to the speed and feed of the machine doing the cutting. In addition to softer, lighter metals like magnesium and brass we use many materials for prototyping, such as:
Prototyping | Roberson Machine Company
Prototyping saves time and money by creating a single run of a product that can be tested and optimized to peak performance before investing in a full production run of thousands of units in Winston-Salem, NC. Roberson Machine Company can help you and your company realize a variety of cost savings. We concentrate on utilizing CNC machining for prototyping for various Winston-Salem, NC customers in a variety of industries. We’d enjoy doing the same for you.