Prototyping Lubbock, TX
Prototyping Lubbock, TX. Are you looking for a dependable supplier of prototyped parts applying the quickness and proficiency of CNC machining near Lubbock, TX? With hundreds of CNC machines run by an experienced team of machinists, the Roberson Machine Company in-house capacity ensures your prototyping is delivered to Lubbock, TX on-time, every single time.
At Roberson Machine Company, we specialize in prototyping for numerous businesses and customers near Lubbock, TX. If you can dream it or draw it up we possess the capabilities to make it a reality, several times over and in different materials, if necessary. Our talented team of specialists is prepared to get started on your prototyping needs. Reach out to get a instant pricing on our CNC prototyping for you in Lubbock, TX.
The scope of affordable metal alloys — like aluminum 6061 or stainless steel 303 — as well as rigid plastics like Delrin acetal, combined with the speed and precision of our talented machinists, makes our CNC machining service a great choice for prototyping in Lubbock, TX.
What Are the Advantages of Prototyping in Lubbock, TX?
Prototyping using CNC machining is beneficial in creating high-quality physical models of a design idea. Prototyping is normally the first step in the mass production of a product. Many Lubbock, TX customers turn to Roberson Machine Company for prototyping projects in Lubbock, TX for:
- Showing customers and investors a physical model of your product in as little amount of time as possible
- Exhibiting the appearance, dimensions, and features of your product
- Generating multiple separate versions of the product with different colors, surface textures, and finishing processes
- Ensuring that all parts are standardized in terms of quality, size, dimension, and shape
- Testing the product on the market before bringing it to full production
- Identifying and correcting potentially costly design flaws before it ever touches the market
- Improving and streamlining the whole production process
In addition to prototyping, Roberson Machine Company supplies our customers near Lubbock, TX with the following services:
- 3D Printing Services
- OEM Automotive
- Medical Device Manufacturing
- Contract Manufacturing Companies
- Production Machining and Milling
- Precision CNC Machining
- Wire EDM
- Aluminum CNC Machining
Who Uses Prototyping?
If you require high-quality parts in specified volumes with short turnaround times, prototyping is an ideal solution for businesses near Lubbock, TX in a number of industries. We have recently helped the following industries with rapid prototyping utilizing our CNC machining:
- The automotive industry needs new parts to be developed as quickly as possible and in set quantities, particularly when employing Just in Time manufacturing in Lubbock, TX. Our specialists build prototype parts in a wide range of materials for several different automotive industry customers near Lubbock, TX.
- Our Lubbock, TX customers in the medical industry require parts to be developed to some of the most exacting tolerances in the machining industry: after all, preventing defective parts from making it to market is quite literally the difference between life and death. As well, medical parts are often very small and intricate in design. Roberson Machine Company has in our shop the latest 5 axis CNC machining tools that can not only rapidly fabricate medical part prototypes of any size, but also provide process and tracking reports required by the FDA.
- Lubbock, TX oil and energy industry firms have unique requirements for prototypes: they need to be made to withstand the heavy pressure of refining, mining, and underground burial. Roberson responds to these demands by excelling in machining prototypes made from materials such as plastics, brass, and alloy steel.
- Our customers in the aerospace industry require parts with intricate geometrical dimensions, and in many cases using metals that do not deform at high temperatures and altitude. As well, the special pressures and characteristics of flight require parts built to exacting tolerance and design standards. Our highly-trained technicians are ready to tackle the challenges of aerospace prototype manufacturing, and our TX machine shop is devoted to delivering aerospace manufacturers parts built to the highest standard of quality.
Our track record in prototyping for multiple industries allows us to be a true partner throughout your manufacturing process in Lubbock, TX. Using our CNC prototyping service is a great choice for high quality, ISO 9001:2015 certified parts. With our endless options of prototyping solutions, Roberson Machine Company is your one-stop shop. You can also get your prototyped parts delivered right to your door in Lubbock, TX, without the hassle of sourcing, project management, logistics, or shipping. Call us now today at 573-646-3996 or contact us online to discuss your options.
Why Should I Use CNC Machining for Prototyping In Lubbock, TX?
There are many methods that can be used to create prototyping near Lubbock, TX, but CNC machining at Roberson Machine Company is the most effective. CNC machining allows you to design a product digitally, program the data into the computer using software, and let our CNC machine take care of the rest. Using CNC eliminates human error and improves the efficiency of prototyping which, in turn, means we can make flawless, quick parts the first time and every time. There are a variety of other reasons to choose CNC machining for your prototyping needs near Lubbock, TX, including:
- Fixed Tooling is Not Necessary
- Easily Modify
- Different Materials to Choose From
A CNC machine runs on a set of CAD and CAM programmed code. The CAD software designs the models and assemblies that the CAM software translates into G-code and M-code that drive the CNC machine’s tools to turn those designs into physical parts.
The only tools necessary for prototyping using CNC machining are the metal cutting inserts used in the spindles of our mills and lathes. Different shapes and sizes of cutting inserts or blades are useful for various functions whatever material is required for your Lubbock, TX prototyping, and these can be swapped out in our machines almost instantaneously.
Not having to spend time swapping out parts or changing machines for prototyping cuts down on costs. Roberson Machine Company passes along those savings to you in Lubbock, TX. Call us at 573-646-3996 or reach out to request a quote.
In our machine shop, we consistently achieve tolerances of 0.005” for our longer production runs, or we rely on changing the machine if we run a tighter tolerance. For shorter runs, we can cut as precise as 0.001,” or about a fourth the width of a human hair.
Setting things in stone is for the Stone Age. At Roberson Machine Company, we believe in adaptation when the job — and most importantly the Lubbock, TX customer — calls for it. Prototyping often requires adjusting, modifying, or completely rehauling the original design. This is simple to do with our CNC machines, where our specialists only need a few seconds and a few keystrokes to alter G-code.
Easy modifications are especially attractive for our customers near Lubbock, TX, allowing them the chance to test several different iterations and immediately see the results. Tweaking G-code and making refined adjustments for prototyping in the moment greatly reduces time and costs.
Our CNC machines are apathetic to what they are cutting. Our Lubbock, TX customers use various materials for prototyping, depending upon their industry. Many of our customers near Lubbock, TX want to see prototypes in a range of materials. CNC machining provides a huge benefit here. The same design can be prototyped in rigid plastic, aluminum, or steel, for example, with very few adjustments made to the speed and feed of the machine performing the cutting. In addition to softer, lighter metals like magnesium and brass we utilize many materials for prototyping, such as:
Prototyping | Roberson Machine Company
Prototyping saves time and money by creating a single run of a product that can be tested and improved upon before having to invest in a full production run of thousands of units in Lubbock, TX. Roberson Machine Company can help you and your company realize a variety of cost savings. We specialize in using CNC machining for prototyping for various Lubbock, TX customers in a variety of industries. We’d love to do the same for you.