Prototyping Baton Rouge, LA
Prototyping Baton Rouge, LA. Are you searching for a dependable supplier of prototyped parts through the quickness and proficiency of CNC machining near Baton Rouge, LA? With hundreds of CNC machines run by an experienced staff of machinists, the Roberson Machine Company in-house capacity making sure your prototyping is delivered to Baton Rouge, LA on-time, every single time.
At Roberson Machine Company, we specialize in prototyping for a number of businesses and customers near Baton Rouge, LA. If you can dream it or draw it up we possess the capabilities to make it real, several times over and in different materials, if necessary. Our talented team of specialists is prepared to get started on your prototyping plans. Send us a quick note to get a instant pricing on our CNC prototyping for you in Baton Rouge, LA.
Give us a call today at 573-646-3996 or contact us online to discuss your next Baton Rouge, LA prototyping project.
Our CNC machining service is a great option for prototyping in Baton Rouge, LA, utilizing an array of economical metal alloys — like aluminum 6061 or stainless steel 303 — as well as firm plastics such as Delrin acetal, along with the speed and precision of our talented machinists.
What Are the Benefits of Prototyping in Baton Rouge, LA?
Prototyping using CNC machining is beneficial in making high-quality physical models of a design idea. Prototyping is usually the first step in the mass production of a product. Many Baton Rouge, LA customers turn to Roberson Machine Company for prototyping projects in Baton Rouge, LA for:
- Showcasing the physical model of a product to investors and customers in a relatively short amount of time
- Demonstrating the appearance, features, and dimensions of your product
- Generating multiple separate versions of the product with different textures, colors, and finishes
- Ensuring that all parts are standardized in terms of quality, size, dimension, and shape
- Testing the market with your product before production
- Finding and fixing potentially expensive design defects before reaching the market
- Improving and streamlining the entire production process
In addition to prototyping, Roberson Machine Company supplies our customers near Baton Rouge, LA with the following services:
- Machine Shop
- Machined Parts
- Aluminum Parts Manufacturer
- CNC Services
- Component Manufacturing
- 3D Printing Services
- OEM Automotive
- Medical Device Manufacturing
- Contract Manufacturing Companies
Who Uses Prototyping?
Prototyping is a perfect solution for companies near Baton Rouge, LA in a slew of industries who require high-quality parts in specified amounts under tight deadlines. We have recently assisted the following industries with rapid prototyping using our CNC machining:
- The automotive industry needs new parts to be developed as quickly as possible and in set quantities, especially when employing Just in Time manufacturing in Baton Rouge, LA. Our specialists build prototype parts in a wide range of materials for multiple automotive industry customers near Baton Rouge, LA.
- Our Baton Rouge, LA customers in the medical industry require parts to be developed to some of the most exacting tolerances in the machining industry: after all, ensuring that defective parts do not make it to end users is truly the difference between life and death. As well, medical parts are often quite small and intricate in design. Roberson Machine Company is proud to use the latest 5 axis CNC machining tools that can not only rapidly produce medical part prototypes of any size, but also provide process and tracking reports needed by the FDA.
- Baton Rouge, LA oil and energy industry firms have unique demands for prototypes: they must be built to withstand the heavy pressure of mining, refining, and potentially being buried underground. Roberson responds to these demands by specializing in machining prototypes using materials such as brass, alloy steel, and even plastics.
- Our customers in the aerospace industry require prototyped parts with highly technical geometrical dimensions, as well as using rare metals that will not deform or warp at high temperatures and altitudes. Our knowledgeable machinists are ready to tackle the unique demands of aerospace prototyping near Baton Rouge, LA.
Our track record in prototyping for multiple industries allows us to be a true partner throughout your manufacturing process in Baton Rouge, LA. Using our CNC prototyping service is a great choice for high quality, ISO 9001:2015 certified parts. With our endless options of prototyping solutions, Roberson Machine Company is your one-stop shop. You can also get your prototyped parts delivered right to your door in Baton Rouge, LA, without the hassle of sourcing, project management, logistics, or shipping. Call us now today at 573-646-3996 or contact us online to discuss your options.
Why Should I Use CNC Machining for Prototyping In Baton Rouge, LA?
There are many methods that can be used to create prototyping near Baton Rouge, LA, but CNC machining at Roberson Machine Company is the most effective. CNC machining allows you to design a product digitally, program the data into the computer using software, and let our CNC machine take care of the rest. Using CNC eliminates human error and improves the efficiency of prototyping which, in turn, means we can make flawless, quick parts the first time and every time. There are a variety of other reasons to choose CNC machining for your prototyping needs near Baton Rouge, LA, including:
- Fixed Tooling is Not Necessary
- Easily Modify
- Different Materials to Choose From
- Aluminums: 6061, 7075, 7050 or “aa7050 alloy”
- Stainless steel: 303, 304
- Plastics: Delrin, Nylon, PEEK, HDPE, Glass Filled Nylon
A CNC machine runs on a set of CAD and CAM programmed code. The CAD software designs the models and assemblies that the CAM software translates into G-code and M-code that drive the CNC machine’s tools to turn those designs into physical parts.
Once programmed with the G-code by the Roberson specialists, our mills and lathes can cut through anything you desire with astonishing speed, turning raw material into your finished part in seconds.
The only tools necessary for prototyping using CNC machining are the metal cutting inserts used in the spindles of our mills and lathes. Different shapes and sizes of cutting inserts or blades are useful for various functions whatever material is required for your Baton Rouge, LA prototyping, and these can be swapped out in our machines almost instantaneously.
Not having to spend time swapping out parts or changing machines for prototyping cuts down on costs. Roberson Machine Company passes along those savings to you in Baton Rouge, LA. Call us at 573-646-3996 or reach out to request a quote.
In our machine shop, we consistently achieve tolerances of 0.005” for our longer production runs, or we rely on changing the machine if we run a tighter tolerance. For shorter runs, we can cut as precise as 0.001,” or about a fourth the width of a human hair.
Setting things in stone is for the Stone Age. At Roberson Machine Company, we believe in adaptation when the job — and most importantly the Baton Rouge, LA customer — calls for it. Prototyping often requires adjusting, modifying, or completely rehauling the original design. This is simple to do with our CNC machines, where our specialists only need a few seconds and a few keystrokes to alter G-code.
Easy modifications are especially attractive for our customers near Baton Rouge, LA, allowing them the chance to test several different iterations and immediately see the results. Tweaking G-code and making refined adjustments for prototyping in the moment greatly reduces time and costs.
Our CNC machines are indifferent to what they are cutting. Our Baton Rouge, LA customers use a variety of materials for prototyping, depending upon their industry. Many of our customers near Baton Rouge, LA want to look over prototypes in a range of materials. CNC machining provides a huge benefit here. An identical design can be prototyped in rigid plastic, aluminum, or steel, as examples, with only minimal adjustments made to the feed and speed of the tool doing the cutting. In addition to softer, lighter metals like magnesium and brass we utilize many materials for prototyping, including:
Prototyping | Roberson Machine Company
Prototyping saves money, time, and hassle by creating one product that can be tested and improved upon before investing in a full production run of thousands of units in Baton Rouge, LA. Roberson Machine Company can help you and your company realize a variety of cost savings. We concentrate on using CNC machining for prototyping for various Baton Rouge, LA customers in a variety of industries. We’d love to do the same for you.
Call us today at 573-646-3996 or contact us online to talk about your next prototyping project in Baton Rouge, LA.