Prototyping Pittsburgh, PA
Prototyping Pittsburgh, PA. Have you been seeking a reliable supplier of prototyped parts through the quickness and proficiency of CNC machining near Pittsburgh, PA? With hundreds of CNC machines run by an experienced staff of machinists, the Roberson Machine Company in-house capacity making sure your prototyping is shipped to Pittsburgh, PA on-time, every single time.
At Roberson Machine Company, we specialize in prototyping for a number of businesses and customers near Pittsburgh, PA. If you can dream it or draw it up we have the capabilities to make it real, several times over and in different materials, if necessary. Our talented team of specialists is prepared to get to work on your prototyping needs. Send us a quick note to get a instant pricing on our CNC prototyping for you in Pittsburgh, PA.
Our CNC machining service is a great option for prototyping in Pittsburgh, PA, utilizing an array of economical metal alloys — like aluminum 6061 or stainless steel 303 — as well as rigid plastics such as Delrin acetal, combined with the speed and precision of our talented machinists.
What Are the Benefits of Prototyping in Pittsburgh, PA?
Prototyping using CNC machining is advantageous in creating high-quality physical models of a design idea. Prototyping is normally the first step in the mass production of a product. Many Pittsburgh, PA customers turn to Roberson Machine Company for prototyping projects in Pittsburgh, PA for:
- Showcasing the physical model of a product to investors and customers in a relatively short amount of time
- Exhibiting the appearance, features, and dimensions of your product
- Creating multiple separate versions of the product with different textures, colors, and finishes
- Ensuring that all parts are regimented in terms of dimension, shape, quality, and size
- Testing the market with your product before production
- Finding and correcting potentially expensive design flaws before reaching the market
- Improving and streamlining the entire production process
In addition to prototyping, Roberson Machine Company provides our customers near Pittsburgh, PA with the following services:
- Precision Manufacturing
- Aerospace Machining
- Machined Plastic Parts
- CNC Companies
- Steel Machining
- Aluminum Fabrication
- Machined Parts
- Machine Shop
- Aluminum Parts Manufacturer
- CNC Services
Who Uses Prototyping?
Prototyping is a perfect solution for companies near Pittsburgh, PA in a slew of industries who require top-notch parts in specified volumes at a fast pace. We have recently assisted the following industries with rapid prototyping using our CNC machining:
- The automotive industry requires new parts to be produced as fast as possible and in set quantities, especially when employing Just in Time manufacturing in Pittsburgh, PA. Our specialists build prototype parts in a wide range of materials for several different automotive industry customers near Pittsburgh, PA.
- Our Pittsburgh, PA customers in the medical industry require parts to be developed to some of the most precise tolerances in the machining industry: above all, ensuring that defective parts do not make it to end users is quite literally the difference between life and death. Moreover, medical parts are often extremely small and complicated in design. Roberson Machine Company is proud to use the latest 5 axis CNC machining tools that can not only rapidly fabricate medical part prototypes of any size, but also provide process and tracking reports mandated by the FDA.
- Firms in the oil and energy industry have special requirements for prototyping — parts must be built to withstand the heavy pressure of underground pipeline burial, mining, and refining. Roberson Machine Company is able to meet these standards by using only the finest materials.
- Our customers in the aerospace industry require parts with highly technical geometrical dimensions, and in many cases using metals that do not deform at high temperatures and altitude. In addition, the special pressures and characteristics of flight require parts built to strict tolerance and design standards. Our highly-trained technicians are ready to tackle the unique demands of aerospace prototype manufacturing, and our PA machine shop is focused on delivering aerospace manufacturers parts built to the optimal standard of quality.
Our track record in prototyping for multiple industries allows us to be a true partner throughout your manufacturing process in Pittsburgh, PA. Using our CNC prototyping service is a great choice for high quality parts. With our endless options of prototyping solutions, Roberson Machine Company is your one-stop shop. You can also get your prototyped parts delivered right to your door in Pittsburgh, PA, without the hassle of sourcing, project management, logistics, or shipping. Call us now today at 573-646-3996 or contact us online to discuss your options.
Why Should I Use CNC Machining for Prototyping In Pittsburgh, PA?
There are many methods that can be used to create prototyping near Pittsburgh, PA, but CNC machining at Roberson Machine Company is the most effective. CNC machining allows you to design a product digitally, program the data into the computer using software, and let our CNC machine take care of the rest. Using CNC eliminates human error and improves the efficiency of prototyping which, in turn, means we can make flawless, quick parts the first time and every time. There are a variety of other reasons to choose CNC machining for your prototyping needs near Pittsburgh, PA, including:
- Fixed Tooling is Not Necessary
- Easily Modify
- Different Materials to Choose From
A CNC machine runs on a set of CAD and CAM programmed code. The CAD software designs the models and assemblies that the CAM software translates into G-code and M-code that drive the CNC machine’s tools to turn those designs into physical parts.
The only tools necessary for prototyping using CNC machining are the metal cutting inserts used in the spindles of our mills and lathes. Different shapes and sizes of cutting inserts or blades are useful for various functions whatever material is required for your Pittsburgh, PA prototyping, and these can be swapped out in our machines almost instantaneously.
Not having to spend time swapping out parts or changing machines for prototyping cuts down on costs. Roberson Machine Company passes along those savings to you in Pittsburgh, PA. Call us at 573-646-3996 or reach out to request a quote.
In our machine shop, we consistently achieve tolerances of 0.005” for our longer production runs, or we rely on changing the machine if we run a tighter tolerance. For shorter runs, we can cut as precise as 0.001,” or about a fourth the width of a human hair.
Setting things in stone is for the Stone Age. At Roberson Machine Company, we believe in adaptation when the job — and most importantly the Pittsburgh, PA customer — calls for it. Prototyping often requires adjusting, modifying, or completely rehauling the original design. This is simple to do with our CNC machines, where our specialists only need a few seconds and a few keystrokes to alter G-code.
Easy modifications are especially attractive for our customers near Pittsburgh, PA, allowing them the chance to test several different iterations and immediately see the results. Tweaking G-code and making refined adjustments for prototyping in the moment greatly reduces time and costs.
Our CNC machines are apathetic to what they are cutting. Our Pittsburgh, PA customers use a variety of materials for prototyping, depending upon their industry. A lot of our customers near Pittsburgh, PA want to see prototypes in a range of materials. CNC machining supplies a huge benefit here. The same design can be prototyped in rigid plastic, aluminum, or steel, for example, with very few adjustments made to the feed and speed of the tool doing the cutting. In addition to softer, lighter metals like magnesium and brass we utilize many materials for prototyping, such as:
Prototyping | Roberson Machine Company
Prototyping saves time and money by creating a single run of a product that can be tested and improved upon before having to invest in a full production run of thousands of units in Pittsburgh, PA. Roberson Machine Company can help you and your company realize a variety of cost savings. We specialize in using CNC machining for prototyping for a mixture of Pittsburgh, PA customers in a variety of industries. We’d love to do the same for you.