Prototyping Fort Wayne, IN
Prototyping Fort Wayne, IN. Are you searching for a reliable supplier of prototyped parts applying the quickness and proficiency of CNC machining near Fort Wayne, IN? With hundreds of CNC machines run by an experienced team of machinists, the Roberson Machine Company in-house capacity ensures your prototyping is shipped to Fort Wayne, IN on-time, every single time.
At Roberson Machine Company, we specialize in prototyping for numerous businesses and customers near Fort Wayne, IN. If you can dream it or draw it up we have the capabilities to make it a reality, several times over and in different materials, if necessary. Our skilled staff of specialists is prepared to get started on your prototyping plans. Send us a quick note to get a instant pricing on our CNC prototyping for you in Fort Wayne, IN.
The range of affordable metal alloys — like aluminum 6061 or stainless steel 303 — as well as firm plastics like Delrin acetal, combined with the speed and precision of our talented machinists, makes our CNC machining service a great option for prototyping in Fort Wayne, IN.
What Are the Benefits of Prototyping in Fort Wayne, IN?
Prototyping using CNC machining is advantageous in creating high-quality physical models of a design idea. Prototyping is normally the first step in the mass production of a product. Many Fort Wayne, IN customers turn to Roberson Machine Company for prototyping projects in Fort Wayne, IN for:
- Showcasing the physical model of a product to investors and customers in a relatively short amount of time
- Demonstrating the appearance, features, and dimensions of your product
- Generating multiple separate versions of the product with different textures, colors, and finishes
- Making sure that all parts are standardized in terms of dimension, shape, quality, and size
- Testing the product on the market before bringing it to full production
- Finding and repairing potentially costly design flaws before it ever touches the market
- Improving and streamlining the entire production process
In addition to prototyping, Roberson Machine Company supplies our customers near Fort Wayne, IN with the following services:
- Aluminum Parts Manufacturer
- CNC Services
- Component Manufacturing
- 3D Printing Services
- OEM Automotive
- Medical Device Manufacturing
- Contract Manufacturing Companies
- Production Machining and Milling
- Precision CNC Machining
Who Uses Prototyping?
Prototyping is an ideal solution for companies near Fort Wayne, IN in a number of industries who want top-notch parts in specified amounts at a fast pace. We have recently helped the following industries with rapid prototyping utilizing our CNC machining:
- The automotive industry requires new parts to be developed as fast as possible and in set quantities, especially when utilizing Just in Time manufacturing in Fort Wayne, IN. Our specialists build prototype parts in an array of materials for several different automotive industry customers near Fort Wayne, IN.
- Our Fort Wayne, IN customers in the medical industry require parts to be developed to some of the most demanding tolerances in the machining industry: after all, making sure that defective parts do not make it to end users is quite literally the difference between life and death. In addition, medical parts are often very small and complicated in design. Roberson Machine Company is proud to use the latest 5 axis CNC machining tools that can not only quickly fabricate medical part prototypes regardless of size, but also provide process and tracking reports needed by the FDA.
- Firms in the oil and energy industry have special requirements for prototyping — parts must be built to withstand the heavy pressure of underground pipeline burial, mining, and refining. Roberson Machine Company is able to meet these standards by using only the finest materials.
- Our customers in the aerospace industry require prototyped parts with highly technical geometrical dimensions, as well as using rare metals that will not deform or warp at high temperatures and altitudes. Our knowledgeable machinists are ready to tackle the unique demands of aerospace prototyping near Fort Wayne, IN.
Our track record in prototyping for multiple industries allows us to be a true partner throughout your manufacturing process in Fort Wayne, IN. Using our CNC prototyping service is a great choice for high quality, ISO 9001:2015 certified parts. With our endless options of prototyping solutions, Roberson Machine Company is your one-stop shop. You can also get your prototyped parts delivered right to your door in Fort Wayne, IN, without the hassle of sourcing, project management, logistics, or shipping. Call us now today at 573-646-3996 or contact us online to discuss your options.
Why Should I Use CNC Machining for Prototyping In Fort Wayne, IN?
There are many methods that can be used to create prototyping near Fort Wayne, IN, but CNC machining at Roberson Machine Company is the most effective. CNC machining allows you to design a product digitally, program the data into the computer using software, and let our CNC machine take care of the rest. Using CNC eliminates human error and improves the efficiency of prototyping which, in turn, means we can make flawless, quick parts the first time and every time. There are a variety of other reasons to choose CNC machining for your prototyping needs near Fort Wayne, IN, including:
- Fixed Tooling is Not Necessary
- Easily Modify
- Different Materials to Choose From
A CNC machine runs on a set of CAD and CAM programmed code. The CAD software designs the models and assemblies that the CAM software translates into G-code and M-code that drive the CNC machine’s tools to turn those designs into physical parts.
The only tools necessary for prototyping using CNC machining are the metal cutting inserts used in the spindles of our mills and lathes. Different shapes and sizes of cutting inserts or blades are useful for various functions whatever material is required for your Fort Wayne, IN prototyping, and these can be swapped out in our machines almost instantaneously.
Not having to spend time swapping out parts or changing machines for prototyping cuts down on costs. Roberson Machine Company passes along those savings to you in Fort Wayne, IN. Call us at 573-646-3996 or reach out to request a quote.
In our machine shop, we consistently achieve tolerances of 0.005” for our longer production runs, or we rely on changing the machine if we run a tighter tolerance. For shorter runs, we can cut as precise as 0.001,” or about a fourth the width of a human hair.
Setting things in stone is for the Stone Age. At Roberson Machine Company, we believe in adaptation when the job — and most importantly the Fort Wayne, IN customer — calls for it. Prototyping often requires adjusting, modifying, or completely rehauling the original design. This is simple to do with our CNC machines, where our specialists only need a few seconds and a few keystrokes to alter G-code.
Easy modifications are especially attractive for our customers near Fort Wayne, IN, allowing them the chance to test several different iterations and immediately see the results. Tweaking G-code and making refined adjustments for prototyping in the moment greatly reduces time and costs.
Our CNC machines are indifferent to what they are cutting. Our Fort Wayne, IN customers use a variety of materials for prototyping, depending upon their industry. Many of our customers near Fort Wayne, IN want to see prototypes in a range of materials. CNC machining provides a huge benefit here. The same design can be prototyped in rigid plastic, aluminum, or steel, as examples, with only minimal adjustments made to the feed and speed of the tool performing the cutting. In addition to softer, lighter metals like magnesium and brass we use many materials for prototyping, including:
Prototyping | Roberson Machine Company
Prototyping saves money, time, and hassle by creating a single run of a product that can be tested and optimized to peak performance before having to invest in a full production run of thousands of units in Fort Wayne, IN. Roberson Machine Company can help you and your business realize a variety of cost savings. We concentrate on utilizing CNC machining for prototyping for various Fort Wayne, IN customers in a wide range of industries. We’d love to do the same for you.