Prototyping Detroit, MI
Prototyping Detroit, MI. Are you searching for a dependable supplier of prototyped parts applying the quickness and proficiency of CNC machining near Detroit, MI? With hundreds of CNC machines run by an experienced team of machinists, the Roberson Machine Company in-house capacity ensures your prototyping is shipped to Detroit, MI on-time, every single time.
At Roberson Machine Company, we specialize in prototyping for a number of businesses and customers near Detroit, MI. If you can dream it or draw it up we possess the capabilities to make it a reality, several times over and in different materials, if necessary. Our skilled staff of specialists is prepared to get to work on your prototyping needs. Reach out to get a instant pricing on our CNC prototyping for you in Detroit, MI.
The scope of economical metal alloys — like aluminum 6061 or stainless steel 303 — as well as firm plastics such as Delrin acetal, combined with the speed and precision of our skilled machinists, makes our CNC machining service a great option for prototyping in Detroit, MI.
What Are the Advantages of Prototyping in Detroit, MI?
Prototyping using CNC machining is advantageous in making high-quality physical models of a design idea. Prototyping is normally the first step in the mass production of a product. Many Detroit, MI customers turn to Roberson Machine Company for prototyping projects in Detroit, MI for:
- Showcasing the physical model of a product to investors and customers in a relatively short amount of time
- Demonstrating the appearance, features, and dimensions of your product
- Creating multiple separate versions of the product with differing colors, surface textures, and finishing processes
- Making sure that all parts are regimented in terms of quality, size, dimension, and shape
- Testing the product on the market before bringing it to full production
- Finding and correcting potentially costly design defects before it ever touches the market
- Improving and streamlining the whole production process
In addition to prototyping, Roberson Machine Company supplies our customers near Detroit, MI with the following services:
- Machined Parts
- Aluminum Parts Manufacturer
- CNC Services
- Component Manufacturing
- 3D Printing Services
- OEM Automotive
- Medical Device Manufacturing
- Contract Manufacturing Companies
- Production Machining and Milling
Who Uses Prototyping?
Prototyping is a perfect solution for companies near Detroit, MI in a number of industries who require high-quality parts in specified volumes under tight deadlines. We have recently helped the following industries with rapid prototyping using our CNC machining:
- The automotive industry needs new parts to be developed as quickly as possible and in set quantities, especially when utilizing Just in Time manufacturing in Detroit, MI. Our specialists build prototype parts in a wide range of materials for a variety of automotive industry customers near Detroit, MI.
- Our Detroit, MI customers in the medical industry require small and intricately designed parts. Prototyping parts with precise tolerances can quite literally be the difference between life and death. We are proud to provide prototyping utilizing the latest 5 axis CNC machining tools that can not only quickly fabricate medical part prototypes no matter the dimensions near Detroit, MI, but also provide trackable reports mandated by the FDA.
- Detroit, MI oil and energy industry firms have notable requirements for prototypes: they need to be built to withstand the rigors of mining, refining, and potentially being buried underground. Roberson answers these demands by specializing in machining prototypes made from materials such as plastics, brass, and alloy steel.
- Our customers in the aerospace industry require prototyped parts with highly technical geometrical dimensions, as well as using rare metals that will not deform or warp at high temperatures and altitudes. Our knowledgeable machinists are ready to tackle the unique demands of aerospace prototyping near Detroit, MI.
Our track record in prototyping for multiple industries allows us to be a true partner throughout your manufacturing process in Detroit, MI. Using our CNC prototyping service is a great choice for high quality, ISO 9001:2015 certified parts. With our endless options of prototyping solutions, Roberson Machine Company is your one-stop shop. You can also get your prototyped parts delivered right to your door in Detroit, MI, without the hassle of sourcing, project management, logistics, or shipping. Call us now today at 573-646-3996 or contact us online to discuss your options.
Why Should I Use CNC Machining for Prototyping In Detroit, MI?
There are many methods that can be used to create prototyping near Detroit, MI, but CNC machining at Roberson Machine Company is the most effective. CNC machining allows you to design a product digitally, program the data into the computer using software, and let our CNC machine take care of the rest. Using CNC eliminates human error and improves the efficiency of prototyping which, in turn, means we can make flawless, quick parts the first time and every time. There are a variety of other reasons to choose CNC machining for your prototyping needs near Detroit, MI, including:
- Fixed Tooling is Not Necessary
- Easily Modify
- Different Materials to Choose From
A CNC machine runs on a set of CAD and CAM programmed code. The CAD software designs the models and assemblies that the CAM software translates into G-code and M-code that drive the CNC machine’s tools to turn those designs into physical parts.
The only tools necessary for prototyping using CNC machining are the metal cutting inserts used in the spindles of our mills and lathes. Different shapes and sizes of cutting inserts or blades are useful for various functions whatever material is required for your Detroit, MI prototyping, and these can be swapped out in our machines almost instantaneously.
Not having to spend time swapping out parts or changing machines for prototyping cuts down on costs. Roberson Machine Company passes along those savings to you in Detroit, MI. Call us at 573-646-3996 or reach out to request a quote.
In our machine shop, we consistently achieve tolerances of 0.005” for our longer production runs, or we rely on changing the machine if we run a tighter tolerance. For shorter runs, we can cut as precise as 0.001,” or about a fourth the width of a human hair.
Setting things in stone is for the Stone Age. At Roberson Machine Company, we believe in adaptation when the job — and most importantly the Detroit, MI customer — calls for it. Prototyping often requires adjusting, modifying, or completely rehauling the original design. This is simple to do with our CNC machines, where our specialists only need a few seconds and a few keystrokes to alter G-code.
Easy modifications are especially attractive for our customers near Detroit, MI, allowing them the chance to test several different iterations and immediately see the results. Tweaking G-code and making refined adjustments for prototyping in the moment greatly reduces time and costs.
Our CNC machines are indifferent to what they are cutting. Our Detroit, MI customers use various materials for prototyping, depending upon their industry. A lot of our customers near Detroit, MI want to see prototypes in a range of materials. CNC machining provides a huge benefit here. The same design can be prototyped in rigid plastic, aluminum, or steel, for example, with only minimal adjustments made to the speed and feed of the machine doing the cutting. In addition to softer, lighter metals like magnesium and brass we use many materials for prototyping, such as:
Prototyping | Roberson Machine Company
Prototyping saves time and money by creating one product that can be tested and improved upon before investing in a full production run of thousands of units in Detroit, MI. Roberson Machine Company can help you and your company realize a variety of cost savings. We specialize in using CNC machining for prototyping for a mixture of Detroit, MI customers in a wide range of industries. We’d love to do the same for you.