Medical Device Contract Manufacturer Maine. The medical device field in Maine is one where precision and quality are of paramount importance. Medical providers across America expect parts and materials that they know will be trustworthy. In some cases, they will require high volume orders, as certain products are one-use-only in order to fight infectious disease and maintain high levels of cleanliness. Most importantly, they demand these orders to be on time and within budget.
Roberson Tool is an experienced contract manufacturer in Maine that is happy to serve the medical device sector across the United States. We provide all manner of machining, milling, and turning services and work with all kinds of materials. No job is too large or too small–we can handle any size production run. Our wide-ranging prototyping capability will assist your business in future projects as well. Centrally located with 15 years of experience and operating out of a fully company-owned facility, Roberson Tool is the ideal partner for your Maine medical device contract manufacturing needs. Talk to a representative today online, or call us at 573-646-3996.
Why Contract Manufacturing?
The medical business is one that requires many specialized parts and components, as well as many unique challenges. Factors like seasonal demand cycles, a need for high production runs due to many parts being single-use, and high start-up costs mean that many Maine medical firms face a dilemma when ordering parts or prototypes for new devices.
Working with an experienced medical device contract manufacturer allows Maine businesses of any size to master these problems and gives them with a cost-effective and top-quality solution. Some of the many benefits of Maine medical device contract manufacturing are:
- Savings – This is not just limited to expenses, either. Contracting with an outside medical device machining firm frees up space at your Maine facility for other uses, as well as lowers labor costs.
- Consistency – You need your Maine medical device products to be built to exacting quality control standards. As an ISO certified contract machine shop, Roberson Tool is driven to provide the highest standard of reliability and consistency. We not only offer documentation and test information that proves our parts are built to the tightest tolerances, we can also work with your own quality management staff to guarantee that your standards are being met as well.
- Scalability – We know that demands and circumstances can change suddenly in Maine. Today’s specifications and product requirements may end up being a fraction of what you’ll actually need. Maine contract manufacturing solves this by being able to change production numbers as soon as you need them. You will not need to be concerned about purchasing new equipment or hiring new employees in Maine: Roberson Tool takes care of all your production needs.
- Advanced equipment – Buying your own CNC machining equipment is a sizable expense, and there’s no assurance that it will still be the latest and greatest even a couple years later. At Roberson Tool, we make regular upgrades to our machinery so you can always get products machined on the newest and highest technology CNC equipment available. Not only does this permit you access to the finest machinery, it also bolsters the quality of your parts: newer CNC machine tools can make parts and prototypes to tighter tolerances than ever before.
- Unlimited possibilities – Computerized, automated machining methods like CNC machining have totally changed the game in manufacturing. Now parts can be constructed in sizes, shapes, and from materials previously not considered. Our veteran crew can work with you to create and improve your parts using the latest CNC machining technology.
CNC Machining For The Medical Sector
The medical sector in Maine is a large and complex web of interconnected firms that all demand specialized needs when manufacturing parts. Some medical devices are designed for one use only, as that helps reduce the risk of infection. Other parts, like stents, catheters, and medical-grade screws or pins, are small and highly specialized–some as small as 50 microns in size. In addition, Maine medical manufacturing requires incredibly tight tolerances and accurate measurements–poor construction or lax quality control can quite truly be the difference between life and death.
CNC machining and manufacturing, therefore, is an excellent solution for the Maine medical field. As the entire CNC milling and turning process is computer-controlled, parts are constructed with high consistency and to precise standards. Medical firms in Maine use CNC machined parts in many applications, including:
- Medical implants (hip and shoulder replacements, ankle implants, etc.)
- Complex internal and replacement parts for medical machinery such as ultrasounds, diagnostic monitoring equipment, and MRI/CT scanners
- Surgical tools
- Lighting equipment
- Safety enclosures and mounting hardware for monitoring equipment
Roberson Tool – Your Ultmate Maine Medical Device Contract Manufacturer
In business for more than 15 years, Roberson Machine Company has assisted many Maine firms with their contract machining needs. We own our entire facility, building and lot. This means that while other Maine machine shops have to regularly pay rent, we utilize that money instead to constantly update and improve our CNC machining equipment. Centrally located for speedy delivery times and access to major markets, Roberson Tool can produce parts and tools, built to your strict standards, and in any size. We also specialize in prototyping and services like deburring, engraving, and welding that add exceptional value to your Maine medical device contract manufacturing project.
Our experienced staff is ready to work with you not just as a Maine contract manufacturer, but for all your medical device machining needs. Talk to us by phoning 573-646-3996, by using our online contact form, or you can request a quote.