Aluminum Parts Manufacturer Chicago, IL
Aluminum Parts Manufacturer Chicago, IL. Aluminum parts, particularly ones manufactured by Roberson Machine Company, are becoming an increasingly popular selection for many Chicago, IL customers, in a wide array of industries. Aluminum is a soft, lightweight metal with a great strength-to-weight ratio, making it particularly useful for applications and parts where metallic-level strength is mandatory, but mass is still paramount.
At Roberson Machine Company, we put quality first. We deliver precise, complex aluminum products and parts in a fraction of the time and at a far better quality than our Chicago, IL competitors due to our skilled and experienced staff of engineers and machinists. Call the leading aluminum parts manufacturer today at 573-646-3996 or reach out to us online.
Why Should I Use Aluminum for My Chicago, IL Company’s Custom Manufactured Parts?
Aluminum is easy to machine and versatile. It is the second most malleable and sixth most ductile material on Earth. (Ductility is a material’s ability to change its shape and be drawn into wire without breaking or losing strength.) Several aluminum properties make it the ideal choice for custom parts for your Chicago, IL business, including:
What Are the Common Uses for Chicago, IL Custom Manufactured Aluminum Parts?
Aluminum is the most abundant metal in the earth’s crust, and is widely used in different Chicago, IL industries due the aforementioned properties. Roberson Machine Company offers quality custom aluminum parts and services for various capabilities. Call us at 573-646-3996 or contact us online, give us your specifications in Chicago, IL, and we’ll deliver the finest custom aluminum parts. Also, feel free to use our online quote tool.
Aluminum is one of the most common materials used in the following industries:
- Transportation – Aluminum has a lower density than most other metals, especially steel and iron, making it an ideal material for various transportation uses like railways, airplanes, spacecraft, and more in Chicago, IL. Custom aluminum parts do not easily rust due to a protective lawyer of aluminum oxide. Additionally, when used on vehicle bodies, aluminum improves fuel economy because of its low weight.
- Aerospace – Aluminum is an ideal metal for developing various parts within the aerospace industry, because it is strong, flexible, and light. Our Chicago, IL partners in aircraft manufacturing utilize aluminum in almost every part, from the wing panels, refueling hoses, hydraulic systems, and fuselage to the tie-down systems and more. Aluminum parts also make the plane as light as possible and ensure the components don’t rust over time.
- Food Processing and Packaging – Most food packaging containers employ aluminum due to it providing a reliable barrier that preserves food in Chicago, IL. These containers are recyclable, and they are also easy to mold into different sizes and shapes. Due to it being lightweight, corrosion resistant, non-tarnishable, and producing no metallic taste, aluminum is also preferred in the food processing industry.
- Electrical – Aluminum is more cost effective and weighs less, compared to aluminum, making it the preferred choice for electrical transmission lines near Chicago, IL and throughout the country. Other typical applications of custom aluminum parts include:
- Engine parts
- Optical reflectors
In addition to being your aluminum parts manufacturer, Roberson Machine Company provides the following for our Chicago, IL customers:
- Precision Manufacturing
- Aerospace Machining
- Machined Plastic Parts
- CNC Companies
- Steel Machining
- Aluminum Fabrication
- Machined Parts
- Machine Shop
- CNC Services
How Do You Manufacture Custom Aluminum Parts For My Chicago, IL Company?
At Roberson Machine Company, a CNC specialist, we manufacture aluminum parts for our Chicago, IL customers through the following techniques:
- CNC Milling
- CNC Turning
- Wire EDM
- Precision Machining
Roberson Machine Company has CNC equipment with 3 axis and 4 axis, in addition to 5 axis. We are your Chicago, IL company’s single-source manufacturer for aluminum parts, offering end-to-end milling services.
In addition to our milling machines, we specialize in turning services that provide our partners large quantities of high-quality products in a short amount of time. Our partners realize the importance of meeting production goals in Chicago, IL, regardless of the industry they do business with. We also offer value-added services to alleviate any outsourcing.
We have the capacity to produce aluminum parts taking advantage of our 4 axis wire EDM. A major bonus of using wire EDM in the making of custom Chicago, IL aluminum parts is that it eliminates the possibility of burrs and slight irregularities. We also have the capability of providing tapered cuts up to 45 degrees.
Our conveniently located facility is equipped with a large selection of CNC machines including lathes, turning centers with live tools, vertical and horizontal milling machines, and an assortment of others. This lets us manufacture precision machined CNC parts and products for your Chicago, IL company quickly in any quantity.
What Types of Aluminum are Used for Manufacturing Chicago, IL Custom Parts?
Because of aluminum’s strong, largely inert, malleable, and extremely versatile nature, we can machine it into the custom dimensions you need in Chicago, IL. Whether you are looking for a precision machined and durable aluminum part for your aerospace applications or medical device component, Roberson Machine Company is your one-stop shop. Our vast industry experience, combined with our CNC and aluminum expertise, allows us to deliver complex projects to you and your Chicago, IL company in short turnaround times.
For more information on us, our aluminum part manufacturing, or our other CNC services, call us now at 573-646-3996 or contact us. Also, feel free to request a quote anytime online for precision CNC machined aluminum parts. We use the following grades of aluminum in our shop:
- 6061 – Probably the most common aluminum alloy, along with 7075. This grade is thought of as a general-purpose alloy. It can be easily welded and has excellent machinability characteristics. This alloy is routinely used to make electrical fittings, brake pistons, and bike frames.
- 7075 – This aluminum alloy is one of the strongest available. This grade achieves its strength by sacrificing corrosion resistance – the inclusion of copper is the reason behind both effects. The strength makes it ideally suited for meter shafts and gears, aircraft wings and fuselages, and shaft keys.
- 2024 – This alloy is widely used in aerospace and military industries, due to its mechanical properties like high fatigue resistance, high strength, and susceptibility to thermal shocks. It is not very resistant to corrosion and it is not weldable. It is typically used for bolts, aircraft fittings, and pistons.
- 5052 – Because of the lack of copper in its composition, this alloy is extremely resistant to corrosion, however it cannot be heat treated. Yet, it can be easily sheared, bent, and punched into desired dimensions. Aluminum 5052 is commonly used in fuel tanks, sheet metal parts, and fuel/oil lines.
- 7050 or “aa7050 alloy”
Size Up Your Chicago, IL Company’s Project With a Top Aluminum Parts Manufacturer | Roberson Machine Company
For more than two decades, Roberson Machine Company has been the place to turn for your complete custom aluminum part needs in Chicago, IL, providing skilled techniques with detailed precision. We have Chicago, IL customers and partners in every industry that appreciate our central location, our dedication to timeliness, and our low costs.