Aluminum Parts Manufacturer Portland, OR
Aluminum Parts Manufacturer Portland, OR. Aluminum parts, especially ones precision machined by Roberson Machine Company, are becoming an increasingly common choice for many Portland, OR customers, in a variety of different industries. Aluminum is a lightweight metal with an excellent strength-to-weight ratio, making it perfect for parts and applications in which metallic-level strength is mandatory, but mass is still paramount.
At Roberson Machine Company, we put quality first. We deliver precise, complex aluminum parts and products in a fraction of the time and at a far better quality than our Portland, OR competitors because of our knowledgeable and skilled staff of engineers and machinists. Call the leading aluminum parts manufacturer now at 573-646-3996 or contact us online.
Why Should I Use Aluminum for My Portland, OR Company’s Custom Manufactured Parts?
Aluminum is easy to machine and versatile. It is the second most malleable and sixth most ductile material on Earth. (Ductility is a material’s ability to change its shape and be drawn into wire without losing strength or breaking.) Several aluminum properties make it the ideal option for custom parts for your Portland, OR business, including:
What Are the Common Applications for Portland, OR Custom Manufactured Aluminum Parts?
Aluminum is the most abundant metal in the earth’s crust, and is widely used in different Portland, OR industries due the aforementioned properties. Roberson Machine Company offers quality custom aluminum parts and services for various capabilities. Call us at 573-646-3996 or contact us online, give us your specifications in Portland, OR, and we’ll deliver the finest custom aluminum parts. You can also utilize our online quote tool.
Aluminum is one of the most popular materials used in the following industries:
- Transportation – Aluminum has a lower density than most other metals, particularly steel and iron, making it an ideal material for various transportation uses like railways, airplanes, spacecraft, and more in Portland, OR. When utilized on vehicle bodies, aluminum improves fuel economy because it is lightweight. Also, custom aluminum parts don’t rust easily due to a protective layer of aluminum oxide.
- Aerospace – Because it is light, flexible, and strong, aluminum is a perfect metal for developing various items within the aerospace industry. Our Portland, OR partners in aircraft manufacturing use aluminum in almost every part, from the hydraulic systems, refueling hoses, wing panels, and fuselage to the tie-down systems and more. Aluminum parts also ensure the components don’t rust over time and make the plane as light as possible.
- Food Processing and Packaging – Most food packaging containers employ aluminum due to it providing a trustworthy barrier that preserves food in Portland, OR. These containers are recyclable, and they are also easy to design into different shapes and sizes. Aluminum is also preferred in the food processing industry because it’s lightweight, corrosion resistant, produces no metallic taste, and doesn’t tarnish.
- Electrical – Aluminum weighs less and is more cost effective, compared to aluminum, making it the preferred choice for electrical transmission lines near Portland, OR and throughout the country. Other typical applications of custom aluminum parts are:
- Engine parts
- Optical reflectors
In addition to being your aluminum parts manufacturer, Roberson Machine Company provides the following for our Portland, OR customers:
- Precision Manufacturing
- Aerospace Machining
- Machined Plastic Parts
- CNC Companies
- Steel Machining
- Aluminum Fabrication
- Machined Parts
- Machine Shop
- CNC Services
How Do You Manufacture Custom Aluminum Parts For My Portland, OR Company?
At Roberson Machine Company, a CNC specialist, we manufacture aluminum parts for our Portland, OR partners through the following techniques:
- CNC Milling
- CNC Turning
- Wire EDM
- Precision Machining
Along with our milling machines, we specialize in CNC turning services that offer our partners large quantities of high-quality parts in a short amount of time. Our customers realize the importance of meeting production targets in Portland, OR, regardless of the industry they do business with. We also provide value-added services to alleviate any outsourcing.
We have the capacity to produce aluminum parts using 4 axis wire EDM. A major benefit of using wire EDM in the making of custom Portland, OR aluminum parts is that it eradicts burrs and slight irregularities. We also have the ability to offer tapered cuts up to 45 degrees.
Our conveniently located facility is home to a wide range of CNC machines including lathes, turning centers with live tools, horizontal and vertical milling machines, and an assortment of others. This lets us make precision machined CNC products for your Portland, OR company quickly in any quantity.
What Types of Aluminum are Used for Manufacturing Portland, OR Custom Parts?
Because of aluminum’s strong, largely inert, malleable, and extremely versatile nature, we can machine it into the custom sizes you need in Portland, OR. Whether you are looking for a durable and precision machined aluminum part for your aerospace applications or medical device component, Roberson Machine Company is your one-stop shop. Our vast industry experience, combined with our aluminum and CNC expertise, enables us to deliver complex projects to you and your Portland, OR company in short turnaround times.
For more information on us, our aluminum part manufacturing, or our other CNC services, give us a call today at 573-646-3996 or contact us. Also, feel free to request a quote anytime online for precision CNC machined aluminum parts. We use the following grades of aluminum:
- 6061 – Probably the most popular aluminum alloy, along with 7075. This grade is considered a general-purpose alloy. It has excellent machinability characteristics and can be easily welded. This alloy is regularly used to make bike frames, brake pistons, and electrical fittings.
- 7075 – This aluminum alloy is one of the strongest available. This grade achieves its strength by sacrificing corrosion resistance – the inclusion of copper is the reason behind both effects. The strength makes it perfectly suited for meter shafts and gears, aircraft wings and fuselages, and shaft keys.
- 2024 – This alloy is popular in military and aerospace industries, because of its mechanical properties like high strength, high fatigue resistance, and susceptibility to thermal shocks. It is commonly used for bolts, aircraft fittings, and pistons, although it is not weldable and not very resistant to corrosion, but it cannot be heat treated. However, it can be quite easily punched, bent, and sheared into desired dimensions. Aluminum 5052 is typically used in fuel/oil lines, sheeting metal parts, and fuel tanks.
- 7050 or “aa7050 alloy”
Size Up Your Portland, OR Company’s Project With a Top Aluminum Parts Manufacturer | Roberson Machine Company
For over 20 years, Roberson Machine Company has been the place to turn for all of your custom aluminum part needs in Portland, OR, providing detailed precision with skilled techniques. We have Portland, OR customers and partners in every industry that appreciate our central location, our dedication to timeliness, and our low costs.