Aluminum Parts Manufacturer Detroit, MI
Aluminum Parts Manufacturer Detroit, MI. Aluminum parts, especially ones manufactured by Roberson Machine Company, are becoming an increasingly popular option for many Detroit, MI customers, in a wide array of industries. Aluminum is a soft, lightweight metal with an excellent strength-to-weight ratio, making it particularly useful for applications and parts in which metallic-level strength is mandatory, but mass is still paramount.
At Roberson Machine Company, we put quality first. We deliver precise, complex aluminum products and parts in a fraction of the time and at a far better quality than our Detroit, MI competitors because of our skilled and knowledgeable staff of specialists. Call the leading aluminum parts manufacturer now at 573-646-3996 or reach out to us online.
Why Should I Use Aluminum for My Detroit, MI Company’s Custom Manufactured Parts?
Aluminum is easy to machine and versatile. It is the second most malleable and sixth most ductile material on the planet. (Ductility is a material’s ability to change its shape and be drawn into wire without losing strength or breaking.) Several aluminum properties make it the perfect option for custom parts for your Detroit, MI business, including:
What Are the Typical Uses for Detroit, MI Custom Manufactured Aluminum Parts?
Aluminum is the most abundant metal in the earth’s crust, and is widely used in different Detroit, MI industries due the aforementioned properties. Roberson Machine Company offers quality custom aluminum parts and services for various capabilities. Call us at 573-646-3996 or contact us online, give us your specifications in Detroit, MI, and we’ll deliver the finest custom aluminum parts. You can also use our online quote tool.
Aluminum is one of the most common materials used in the following industries:
- Transportation – Aluminum has a lower density than most other metals, particularly steel and iron, making it an ideal material for various transportation applications like airplanes, railways, spacecraft, and more in Detroit, MI. Custom aluminum parts don’t rust easily because of a protective lawyer of aluminum oxide. Additionally, when used on vehicle bodies, aluminum improves fuel economy because it is lightweight.
- Aerospace – Because it is light, flexible, and strong, aluminum is a perfect metal for developing various items within the aerospace industry. Our Detroit, MI clients in aircraft manufacturing utilize aluminum in almost every part, from the hydraulic systems, refueling hoses, wing panels, and fuselage to the tie-down systems and more. Aluminum parts also make the plane as light as possible and ensure the components don’t rust over time.
- Food Processing and Packaging – The majority of food packaging containers use aluminum because it provides a trustworthy barrier that preserves food in Detroit, MI. These containers are easy to design into different sizes and shapes, and they are also recyclable. Aluminum is also preferred in the food processing industry because it’s lightweight, corrosion resistant, produces no metallic taste, and doesn’t tarnish.
- Electrical – Compared to copper, aluminum is is more cost effective and weighs less, making it the preferred material for electrical transmission lines near Detroit, MI and throughout the U.S.. Other typical uses of custom aluminum parts include:
- Engine parts
- Optical reflectors
In addition to being your aluminum parts manufacturer, Roberson Machine Company provides the following for our Detroit, MI customers:
- Precision Manufacturing
- Aerospace Machining
- Machined Plastic Parts
- CNC Companies
- Steel Machining
- Aluminum Fabrication
- Machined Parts
- Machine Shop
- CNC Services
How Do You Manufacture Custom Aluminum Parts For My Detroit, MI Company?
At Roberson Machine Company, a CNC specialist, we manufacture aluminum parts for our Detroit, MI partners through the following processes:
- CNC Milling
- CNC Turning
- Wire EDM
- Precision Machining
Roberson Machine Company has CNC equipment with 5 axis, in addition to 3 axis and 4 axis. We are your Detroit, MI company’s single-source manufacturer for aluminum parts, offering end-to-end milling services.
In addition to our milling machines, we specialize in CNC turning services that offer our partners large quantities of high-quality parts and products in a short amount of time. Our partners recognize the importance of meeting production targets in Detroit, MI, regardless of the industry they do business with. We also offer value-added services to alleviate any outsourcing.
Taking advantage of 4 axis wire EDM, we have the capacity to produce custom aluminum parts. A major benefit of utilizing wire EDM in the making of custom Detroit, MI aluminum products is that it eradicts burrs and slight irregularities. We also have the ability to offer tapered cuts up to 45 degrees.
Our conveniently located facility has a wide range of CNC machines including lathes, turning centers with live tools, horizontal and vertical milling machines, and an assortment of others. This lets us produce precision machined CNC products for your Detroit, MI company quickly in any quantity.
What Kinds of Aluminum are Used for Manufacturing Detroit, MI Custom Parts?
Because of aluminum’s strong, largely inert, malleable, and extremely versatile nature, we can manufacture it into the custom shapes and sizes you need in Detroit, MI. Whether you need a precision machined and durable aluminum part for your aerospace applications or medical device component, Roberson Machine Company is your one-stop shop. Our vast industry experience, combined with our CNC and aluminum expertise, enables us to deliver complex and custom parts to you and your Detroit, MI company in short turnaround times.
For more information on us, our aluminum part manufacturing, or our other CNC services, give us a call today at 573-646-3996 or contact us. Additionally, feel free to request a quote anytime online for custom CNC machined aluminum parts. We utilize the following grades of aluminum in our shop:
- 6061 – Likely the most popular aluminum alloy, along with 7075. This grade is thought of as a general-purpose alloy. It has excellent machinability characteristics and can be easily welded. This alloy is regularly used in the making of bike frames, brake pistons, and electrical fittings.
- 7075 – One of the strongest aluminum alloys available, 7075 achieves this by sacrificing corrosion resistance – copper in its composition is the reason behind both effects. Its strength makes it aptly suited for aircraft wings and fuselages, meter shafts and gears, and shaft keys.
- 2024 – This alloy is widely used in aerospace and military industries, due to its mechanical properties like high strength, high fatigue resistance, and susceptibility to thermal shocks. This alloy is very corrosion resistant, due to the lack of copper in its composition, however it can’t be heat treated. However, it can be quite easily sheared, bent, and punched into desired shapes. Aluminum 5052 is commonly used in fuel tanks, sheet metal parts, and fuel/oil lines.
- 7050 or “aa7050 alloy”
Size Up Your Detroit, MI Company’s Project With a Leading Aluminum Parts Manufacturer | Roberson Machine Company
For more than two decades, Roberson Machine Company has been the company to choose for all of your custom aluminum part needs in Detroit, MI, providing skilled techniques with detailed precision. We have Detroit, MI customers and partners in every industry that appreciate our dedication to timeliness, our central location, and our low costs.