Aluminum Parts Manufacturer Boston, MA
Aluminum Parts Manufacturer Boston, MA. Aluminum parts, specifically the ones precision machined by Roberson Machine Company, are becoming an increasingly common selection for a good majority of Boston, MA customers, in many different industries. Aluminum is a soft, lightweight metal with a great strength-to-weight ratio, making it perfect for parts and applications where metallic-level strength is called for, but mass is still paramount.
At Roberson Machine Company, we put quality first. We deliver complex, precise aluminum parts and products in half the time and at a far better quality than our Boston, MA competitors due to our knowledgeable and skilled team of specialists. Call the leading aluminum parts manufacturer now at 573-646-3996 or contact us online.
Why Should I Utilize Aluminum for My Boston, MA Company’s Custom Manufactured Parts?
Aluminum is easy to machine and versatile. It is the second most malleable and sixth most ductile material on Earth. (Ductility is a material’s ability to change its shape and be drawn into wire without breaking or losing strength.) Several aluminum properties make it the perfect option for custom parts for your Boston, MA business, including:
What Are the Typical Uses for Boston, MA Custom Manufactured Aluminum Parts?
Aluminum is the most abundant metal in the earth’s crust, and is widely used in different Boston, MA industries due the aforementioned properties. Roberson Machine Company offers quality custom aluminum parts and services for various capabilities. Call us at 573-646-3996 or contact us online, give us your specifications in Boston, MA, and we’ll deliver the finest custom aluminum parts. Also, feel free to use our online quote tool.
Aluminum is one of the most common materials used in the following industries:
- Transportation – Aluminum has a lower density than most other metals, especially steel and iron, making it an ideal material for various transportation uses like airplanes, railways, spacecraft, and more in Boston, MA. When employed on vehicle bodies, aluminum improves fuel economy because it is lightweight. Also, custom aluminum parts don’t easily rust because of a protective layer of aluminum oxide.
- Aerospace – Aluminum is a perfect metal for building various items within the aerospace industry, because it is strong, flexible, and light. Our Boston, MA customers in aircraft manufacturing use aluminum in almost every part, from the wing panels, refueling hoses, hydraulic systems, and fuselage to the tie-down systems and more. Aluminum parts also ensure the components don’t rust over time and make the plane as light as possible.
- Food Processing and Packaging – The majority of food packaging containers utilize aluminum due to it providing a reliable barrier that preserves food in Boston, MA. These containers are recyclable, and they are also simple to design into different sizes and shapes. Due to it being corrosion resistant, lightweight, non-tarnishable, and producing no metallic taste, aluminum is also preferred in the food processing industry.
- Electrical – Aluminum weighs less and is more cost effective, compared to aluminum, making it the preferred choice for electrical transmission lines near Boston, MA and throughout the United States. Other common uses of custom aluminum parts include:
- Engine parts
- Optical reflectors
In addition to being your aluminum parts manufacturer, Roberson Machine Company provides the following for our Boston, MA customers:
- Precision Manufacturing
- Aerospace Machining
- Machined Plastic Parts
- CNC Companies
- Steel Machining
- Aluminum Fabrication
- Machined Parts
- Machine Shop
- CNC Services
How Do You Manufacture Custom Aluminum Parts For My Boston, MA Company?
At Roberson Machine Company, a CNC specialist, we manufacture aluminum parts for our Boston, MA customers through the following processes:
- CNC Milling
- CNC Turning
- Wire EDM
- Precision Machining
In addition to our milling machines, we specialize in turning services that provide our customers large production runs of top-quality products in a short amount of time. Our customers realize the importance of meeting production targets in Boston, MA, regardless of the industry they do business with. We also offer value-added services to alleviate any outsourcing.
Taking advantage of 4 axis wire EDM, we have the capacity to produce custom aluminum parts. A major bonus of using wire EDM in the manufacturing of custom Boston, MA aluminum parts and products is that it eradicts burrs and slight irregularities. We also have the ability to offer tapered cuts up to 45 degrees.
Our facility has a large selection of CNC machines including lathes, turning centers with live tools, horizontal and vertical milling machines, and an assortment of others. This lets us produce precision machined CNC parts for your Boston, MA company quickly in any quantity.
What Types of Aluminum are Used for Manufacturing Boston, MA Custom Parts?
Because of aluminum’s strong, malleable, largely inert, and extremely versatile nature, we can manufacture it into the custom sizes you need in Boston, MA. Whether you need a precision machined and durable aluminum part for your aerospace applications or medical device component, Roberson Machine Company is your one-stop shop. Our vast industry experience, combined with our CNC and aluminum expertise, allows us to deliver complex projects to you and your Boston, MA business in short turnaround times.
To get to know more about us, our aluminum part manufacturing, or our other CNC services, give us a call now at 573-646-3996 or contact us. Also, feel free to request a quote anytime online for custom CNC machined aluminum parts. We use these grades of aluminum in our shop:
- 6061 – Probably the most popular aluminum alloy, along with 7075. This grade is considered a general-purpose alloy. It can be easily welded and has exceptional machinability characteristics. This alloy is regularly used in the making of bike frames, brake pistons, and electrical fittings.
- 7075 – One of the strongest aluminum alloys available, 7075 achieves this by sacrificing corrosion resistance – copper in its composition is the reason behind both effects. The strength makes it ideally suited for aircraft wings and fuselages, meter shafts and gears, and shaft keys.
- 2024 – This alloy is widely used in military and aerospace industries, due to its mechanical properties like high fatigue resistance, high strength, and susceptibility to thermal shocks. It is not very resistant to corrosion and it is not weldable. It is typically used for bolts, aircraft fittings, and pistons.
- 5052 – Due to the lack of copper in its composition, this alloy is very corrosion resistant, yet it cannot be heat treated. However, it can be quite easily punched, bent, and sheared into desired shapes. Aluminum 5052 is commonly used in fuel tanks, sheet metal parts, and fuel/oil lines.
- 7050 or “aa7050 alloy”
Size Up Your Boston, MA Company’s Project With a Top Aluminum Parts Manufacturer | Roberson Machine Company
For more than 20 years, Roberson Machine Company has been the place to turn for your complete custom aluminum part needs in Boston, MA, providing detailed precision with skilled techniques. We have Boston, MA customers and partners in every industry that appreciate our central location, our dedication to timeliness, and our low costs.