Aluminum Parts Manufacturer Charlotte, NC
Aluminum Parts Manufacturer Charlotte, NC. Aluminum parts, especially ones manufactured by Roberson Machine Company, are becoming an increasingly common option for many Charlotte, NC customers, in many different industries. Aluminum is a soft, lightweight metal with a great strength-to-weight ratio, making it ideal for parts and applications in which metallic-level strength is required, but mass is still paramount.
At Roberson Machine Company, we put an emphasis on quality, making it our primary priority. We deliver precise, complex aluminum parts and products in a fraction of the time and at a far better quality than our Charlotte, NC competitors due to our skilled and experienced team of engineers and machinists. Call the leading aluminum parts manufacturer today at 573-646-3996 or reach out to us online.
Why Should I Use Aluminum for My Charlotte, NC Company’s Custom Manufactured Parts?
Aluminum is easy to machine and versatile. It is the second most malleable and sixth most ductile material on the planet. (Ductility is a material’s ability to change its shape and be drawn into wire without losing strength or breaking.) Several aluminum properties and factors make it the ideal option for custom parts for your Charlotte, NC company, including:
What Are the Common Uses for Charlotte, NC Custom Manufactured Aluminum Parts?
Aluminum is the most abundant metal in the earth’s crust, and is widely used in different Charlotte, NC industries due the aforementioned properties. Roberson Machine Company offers quality custom aluminum parts and services for various capabilities. Call us at 573-646-3996 or contact us online, give us your specifications in Charlotte, NC, and we’ll deliver the finest custom aluminum parts. Also, feel free to use our online quote tool.
Aluminum is one of the most common materials used in the following industries:
- Transportation – Aluminum has a lower density than most other metals, especially steel and iron, making it an ideal material for various transportation uses like railways, airplanes, spacecraft, and more in Charlotte, NC. When utilized on vehicle bodies, aluminum improves fuel economy because of its low weight. Additionally, custom aluminum parts don’t easily rust due to a protective layer of aluminum oxide.
- Aerospace – Because it is light, flexible, and strong, aluminum is an ideal metal for building various items within the aerospace industry. Our Charlotte, NC customers in aircraft manufacturing utilize aluminum in almost every part, from the hydraulic systems, refueling hoses, wing panels, and fuselage to the tie-down systems and more. Aluminum parts also make the plane as light as possible and ensure the components don’t rust over time.
- Food Processing and Packaging – The majority of food packaging containers use aluminum because it provides a trustworthy barrier that preserves food in Charlotte, NC. These containers are recyclable, and they are also easy to mold into different sizes and shapes. Aluminum is also preferred in the food processing industry because it’s corrosion resistant, lightweight, produces no metallic taste, and doesn’t tarnish.
- Electrical – Compared to copper, aluminum is weighs less and is more cost effective, making it the preferred material for electrical transmission lines near Charlotte, NC and throughout the U.S.. Other typical applications of custom aluminum parts are:
- Engine parts
- Optical reflectors
In addition to being your aluminum parts manufacturer, Roberson Machine Company provides the following for our Charlotte, NC partners:
- Precision Manufacturing
- Aerospace Machining
- Machined Plastic Parts
- CNC Companies
- Steel Machining
- Aluminum Fabrication
- Machined Parts
- Machine Shop
- CNC Services
How Do You Manufacture Custom Aluminum Parts For My Charlotte, NC Company?
At Roberson Machine Company, a CNC specialist, we manufacture aluminum parts for our Charlotte, NC partners through the following processes:
- CNC Milling
- CNC Turning
- Wire EDM
- Precision Machining
Roberson Machine Company has CNC equipment with 5 axis, as well as 3 axis and 4 axis. We provide your Charlotte, NC company with end-to-end milling services, as your single-source manufacturer for aluminum parts.
Along with our milling machines, we specialize in turning services that provide our customers large production runs of high-quality parts in a short amount of time. Our customers recognize the importance of meeting production goals in Charlotte, NC, regardless of the industry they do business in. We also provide value-added services to alleviate any outsourcing.
We have the capacity to produce aluminum parts taking advantage of our 4 axis wire EDM. A major bonus of utilizing wire EDM in the making of custom Charlotte, NC aluminum products is that it eradicts burrs and slight irregularities. We also have the capability of providing tapered cuts up to 45 degrees.
Our centrally located facility is home to a large selection of CNC machines including lathes, turning centers with live tools, horizontal and vertical milling machines, and a variety of others. This allows us to make precision machined CNC parts and products for your Charlotte, NC company quickly in any quantity.
What Kinds of Aluminum are Used for Manufacturing Charlotte, NC Custom Parts?
Because of aluminum’s strong, largely inert, malleable, and extremely versatile nature, we can machine it into the custom sizes you need in Charlotte, NC. Whether you need a precision machined and durable aluminum part for your medical device component or aerospace applications, Roberson Machine Company is your one-stop shop. Our vast experience in the manufacturing industry, combined with our aluminum and CNC expertise, enables us to deliver complex projects to you and your Charlotte, NC company in short turnaround times.
For more information on us, our aluminum part manufacturing, or our other CNC services, call us now at 573-646-3996 or contact us. Additionally, feel free to request a quote anytime online for custom CNC machined aluminum parts. We use these grades of aluminum:
- 6061 – Probably the most common aluminum alloy, along with 7075. This grade is thought of as a general-purpose alloy. It has superb machinability characteristics and can be easily welded. This alloy is routinely used in the making of electrical fittings, brake pistons, and bike frames.
- 7075 – This aluminum alloy is one of the strongest available. This grade achieves its strength by sacrificing corrosion resistance – the inclusion of copper is the reason behind both effects. Its strength makes it perfectly suited for meter shafts and gears, aircraft wings and fuselages, and shaft keys.
- 2024 – This alloy is popular in military and aerospace industries, due to its mechanical properties like high fatigue resistance, high strength, and susceptibility to thermal shocks. This alloy is extremely resistant to corrosion, because of the lack of copper in its composition, yet it can’t be heat treated. Yet, it can be quite easily sheared, bent, and punched into desired shapes. Aluminum 5052 is commonly used in fuel/oil lines, sheeting metal parts, and fuel tanks.
- 7050 or “aa7050 alloy”
Size Up Your Charlotte, NC Company’s Project With a Leading Aluminum Parts Manufacturer | Roberson Machine Company
For more than 20 years, Roberson Machine Company has been the company to choose for all of your custom aluminum part needs in Charlotte, NC, providing skilled techniques with detailed precision. We have Charlotte, NC customers and partners in every industry that appreciate our central location, our dedication to timeliness, and our low costs.