Aluminum Parts Manufacturer Columbus, OH
Aluminum Parts Manufacturer Columbus, OH. Aluminum parts, specifically the ones manufactured by Roberson Machine Company, are becoming an increasingly common option for many Columbus, OH customers, in a wide array of industries. Aluminum is a lightweight metal with an excellent strength-to-weight ratio, making it particularly useful for parts and applications where metallic-level strength is mandatory, but mass is still paramount.
At Roberson Machine Company, we put an emphasis on quality, making it our primary priority. We deliver complex, precise aluminum products and parts in a fraction of the time and at a far better quality than our Columbus, OH competitors because of our experienced and skilled staff of specialists. Call the leading aluminum parts manufacturer as soon as possible at 573-646-3996 or contact us online.
Why Should I Use Aluminum for My Columbus, OH Company’s Custom Manufactured Parts?
Aluminum is versatile and easy to machine. It is the second most malleable and sixth most ductile material on the planet. (Ductility is a material’s ability to change its shape and be drawn into wire without breaking or losing strength.) Several aluminum properties make it the ideal choice for custom parts for your Columbus, OH business, including:
What Are the Typical Uses for Columbus, OH Custom Manufactured Aluminum Parts?
Aluminum is the most abundant metal in the earth’s crust, and is widely used in different Columbus, OH industries due the aforementioned properties. Roberson Machine Company offers quality custom aluminum parts and services for various capabilities. Call us at 573-646-3996 or contact us online, give us your specifications in Columbus, OH, and we’ll deliver the finest custom aluminum parts. You can also make use of our online quote tool.
Aluminum is one of the most popular materials used in the following industries:
- Transportation – Aluminum has a lower density than most other metals, particularly steel and iron, making it an ideal material for various transportation uses like airplanes, railways, spacecraft, and more in Columbus, OH. When utilized on vehicle bodies, aluminum improves fuel economy because it is lightweight. Also, custom aluminum parts do not easily rust because of a protective layer of aluminum oxide.
- Aerospace – Aluminum is an ideal metal for building various parts within the aerospace industry, because it is light, flexible, and strong. Our Columbus, OH clients in aircraft manufacturing use aluminum in almost every part, from the hydraulic systems, refueling hoses, wing panels, and fuselage to the tie-down systems and more. Aluminum parts make the plane as light as possible and ensure the components don’t rust over time.
- Food Processing and Packaging – Most food packaging containers employ aluminum due to it providing a reliable barrier that preserves food in Columbus, OH. These containers are recyclable, and they are also simple to design into different shapes and sizes. Aluminum is also preferred in the food processing industry because it’s corrosion resistant, lightweight, produces no metallic taste, and doesn’t tarnish.
- Electrical – Aluminum is more cost effective and weighs less, compared to aluminum, making it the preferred choice for electrical transmission lines near Columbus, OH and throughout the country. Other popular applications of custom aluminum parts are:
- Engine parts
- Optical reflectors
In addition to being your aluminum parts manufacturer, Roberson Machine Company provides the following for our Columbus, OH customers:
- Precision Manufacturing
- Aerospace Machining
- Machined Plastic Parts
- CNC Companies
- Steel Machining
- Aluminum Fabrication
- Machined Parts
- Machine Shop
- CNC Services
How Do You Manufacture Custom Aluminum Parts For My Columbus, OH Company?
At Roberson Machine Company, a CNC specialist, we manufacture aluminum parts for our Columbus, OH customers through the following processes:
- CNC Milling
- CNC Turning
- Wire EDM
- Precision Machining
Roberson Machine Company has CNC equipment with 3 axis and 4 axis, along with 5 axis. We provide your Columbus, OH company with end-to-end milling services, as your single-source manufacturer for aluminum parts.
In addition to our milling machines, we specialize in turning services that offer our customers large quantities of high-quality parts in a short amount of time. Our customers understand the benefit of meeting production goals in Columbus, OH, regardless of the industry they do business in. We also provide value-added services to alleviate any outsourcing.
We have the capacity to produce aluminum parts using 4 axis wire EDM. A major bonus of utilizing wire EDM in the making of custom Columbus, OH aluminum parts is that it eliminates the possibility of burrs and slight irregularities. We also have the capability of providing tapered cuts up to 45 degrees.
Our centrally located facility is home to a wide range of CNC machines including lathes, turning centers with live tools, horizontal and vertical milling machines, and an assortment of others. This allows us to make precision machined CNC parts and products for your Columbus, OH company quickly in any quantity.
What Types of Aluminum are Used for Manufacturing Columbus, OH Custom Parts?
Because of aluminum’s strong, malleable, largely inert, and extremely versatile nature, we can manufacture it into the custom shapes and sizes you need in Columbus, OH. Whether you are on the lookout for a durable and precision machined aluminum part for your medical device component or aerospace applications, Roberson Machine Company is your one-stop shop. Our vast industry experience, combined with our aluminum and CNC expertise, allows us to deliver complex projects to you and your Columbus, OH business in short turnaround times.
To get to know more about us, our aluminum part manufacturing, or our other CNC services, give us a call today at 573-646-3996 or contact us. Also, you can request a quote anytime online for custom CNC machined aluminum parts. We utilize these grades of aluminum:
- 6061 – Likely the most common aluminum alloy, along with 7075. This grade is thought of as a general-purpose alloy. It can be easily welded and has exceptional machinability characteristics. This alloy is routinely used in the making of bike frames, brake pistons, and electrical fittings.
- 7075 – One of the strongest aluminum alloys available, 7075 achieves this by sacrificing corrosion resistance – copper in its composition is the reason behind both effects. The strength makes it aptly suited for aircraft wings and fuselages, meter shafts and gears, and shaft keys.
- 2024 – This alloy is popular in aerospace and military industries, because of its mechanical properties like high strength, high fatigue resistance, and susceptibility to thermal shocks. This alloy is extremely resistant to corrosion, because of the lack of copper in its composition, but it cannot be heat treated. Yet, it can be easily punched, bent, and sheared into desired shapes. Aluminum 5052 is typically used in fuel tanks, sheet metal parts, and fuel/oil lines.
- 7050 or “aa7050 alloy”
Size Up Your Columbus, OH Company’s Project With a Leading Aluminum Parts Manufacturer | Roberson Machine Company
For over 20 years, Roberson Machine Company has been the company to choose for your complete custom aluminum part needs in Columbus, OH, providing detailed precision with skilled techniques. We have Columbus, OH customers and partners in every industry that appreciate our central location, our dedication to timeliness, and our low costs.