CNC (Computer Numerical Control) turning is a subtractive machining process where a cutting tool is placed against a spinning piece to take material off. Roberson Machine Company offers CNC turning services on a lathe. A CNC turning system or lathe is usually chosen over other machines because of its ability to make multiple identical parts incredibly fast from one piece of material.
Dating back to 1300 B.C., the lathe is probably the world’s oldest machining technology. The technology and accompanying machinery have advanced exponentially every year since. With minimal opportunity for human error, the CNC turning we offer gives impeccable results, even when a demanding specification is required. Get an instant quote on your next CNC turning idea or work plan today. Contact us or give us a call at 573-646-3996.
Benefits of Using CNC Turning
A CNC lathe is normally used to perform/produce precise round (cylindrical or oblong) shapes with both an outer diameter and an inner diameter. A simple CNC lathe operates on two axes and the tool is located in a fixed position at 8 to 24 station turret. More advanced lathes have 3-axis, 4-axis, and 5-axis capabilities. The rotating action of the part is called “turning”, hence certain types of CNC lathes are called CNC turning machines. Extremely accurate, CNC turning can be used to turn out thousands of components that are each identical.
The top 5 benefits of using CNC turning are:
- Accuracy — By using CAD and CAM software, a CNC turning machine can perform the most rigorous of cuts or measurements perfectly. Using our CNC turning system, our expert machinists can guarantee precise accuracy in prototyping or entire production runs.
- Repeatability — Our CNC turning system can produce large batches of accurate products. Each time. Every time. We maximize output and reduce waste, and pass along the savings to you.
- Flexibility — Roberson Machine Company specializes in operating multiple CNC turning machines or lathes at once. We frequently have customers that need varying sized materials. Our operators can quickly alter sizes via our CAD and CAM codes, allowing us to provide you with a large number of unique parts.
- Speed — Due to an extremely low risk of error, the Roberson CNC turning machines complete production faster without affecting the quality of the finished product.
- Safety — Our expert machinists have 20-plus years of experience operating CNC turning machines. We follow strict rules and regulations, and we know what to be on the lookout for. All of our CNC turning machines are enclosed with protective devices, and our specialists all wear the best protective gear. Our CNC turning machines are automated, meaning that while our skilled machinists are present and have programmed the CNC specs, they are not hands-on “on the machine.”
Contact Your CNC Turning Experts | Roberson Machine Company
Our CNC turning machines and lathes allow us to produce the parts to meet your needs and specifications, offering precision, scalability, custom finishes, and vast material selection — all with rapid turnaround times. We have the capacity to handle a variety of your CNC turning and lathe production plans from prototyping to short, medium, or long production runs.