When searching for a contract manufacturing firm to outsource production of prototypes or parts, it is crucial to find a partner that is reliable and fits your needs and project scope. Your business knows that even one small part failure can spell doom for an entire machine and as such want to contract with a company whose standards are as exacting as your own.
The easiest way to find a contract manufacturing partner who adheres to the highest standard of quality is to look for one that has met the ISO 9001 certification standard. Roberson Machine Company is proud to say that we are an ISO 9001:2015 Certified machine shop and continue to strive for high quality and stellar customer service in everything we do. Call us today at (573) 646-3996 to learn more about how our proven focus on quality and reliability will assist your business when looking to outsource your CNC machining or manufacturing projects.
What Is ISO 9001?
ISO 9001 is a set of organizational standards and principles published by the International Standards Organization. Millions of companies around the world have received this certification in all manner of industries. The standards were first published in 1987 and are regularly reviewed and updated: the current ISO 9001 revision was introduced in 2015. The standards are highly adaptable and allow for any organization to develop their own Quality Management System, or QMS.
The foundation of the ISO 9001 standard is laid out in what is called the Seven Quality Principles. These are the basis for every successful quality management system and are as follows:
- Customer Focus: an ISO 9001-certified business should consistently provide satisfaction and value with every customer experience. Customers are defined as anyone who has either a direct or an indirect relationship with an organization.
- Leadership: organizations should provide positive role models, clearly communicate strategies, and get all its employees on board with a “Culture of Quality”.
- Engagement of People: all workers, from the boardroom to the shop floor, should feel empowered, motivated, and encouraged to contribute to projects.
- Process Approach: all tasks an organization does should be part of a consistent structure. This consistency ensures repeatable, predictable results, finds elements that can be improved, and highlights and addresses any and all risks that could impact outcomes.
- Improvement: organizations must constantly strive for new and greater opportunities.
- Evidence-Based Decision Making: decisions should be based on hard facts and data instead of projections, which makes it easier to retain results for consistent improvement as well as provides objectivity and efficiency
- Relationship Management: organizations should manage and understand relationships with all their vendors and partners, as every relationship has its own unique constraints and risks
The 2015 revision of ISO 9001 also adds several other components to a successful Quality Management System. It asks that leadership positions fully participate in the QMS process and understand that they are critical to its success. It also introduces the concept of “risk-based thinking”, where decisions are seen through a lens of possibly resulting in loss, but also in potential opportunity. Every decision in a QMS must be viewed through this lens in order to bring about more positive results and mitigate negative ones. All these new elements are collectively part of a cycle known as “Plan-Do-Check-Act”, an approach that helps to create a cycle of continuous improvement across all parts of an organization.
ISO 9001 Certifed Contract Manufacturer | Roberson Tool
At Roberson Machine Company, we are proud to say that we are a fully ISO 9001:2015 certified facility and vow to place quality and service at the center of everything we do. Our entire team is conscious of the importance of quality management and customer satisfaction. We are not afraid of change or risks and constantly strive for improvement. We want to ensure that your own quality standards are being met, too, which is why we regularly work with our partners’ own quality management personnel as part of the contract manufacturing process.
When deadlines are tight and the difference between a quality part and something only useful as scrap metal is microscopic, you will want to work with a contract manufacturing firm that has a relentless focus on delivering quality outcomes to their customers, every time. Call Roberson Tool today at (573) 646-3996 or contact us online to learn how an ISO 9001:2015 certified machine shop can improve your business’ manufacturing process.