1. What is precision machining?
Precision machining removes material from pieces while maintaining close tolerances for the finish. The process uses computer programs to eliminate the possibility of human error and provides precision work.
2. What does a precision machining center do?
A precision machine center may perform many tasks. This can include milling, drilling, threading, turning, and EDM wire machining. The machine operator loads a specific program into the machine which tells each axis what to do.
3. What size capabilities do you offer for precision machining work?
We can machine pieces as large as (mills 40” X 15” X 15” depending on shape and weight of part. Lathe 10 inch round by 4 foot long)
4. What kind of tolerances can be expected using precision machining?
We can produce precision work with tolerances as tight +/- .0005
5. What are the advantages of precision machining services?
It creates parts with extremely high tolerances to meet the demands of many industries today. Here are some of the benefits:
- Fewer chances for errors
- Lower injury risk for machinists
- Consistent quality
- Fast production – fast turnaround times
- Reduced costs
- Better efficiency
6. Which industries benefit from precision machining?
Any company needing parts to meet exact specs can benefit. This includes the medical, energy, and oil/gas industries.
7. How much does precision machining cost?
Roberson Machine Company provides high-quality services at affordable prices. You can visit our website to request a quote online or call us direct at 1-573-646-3996 today.